Truly Balanced Cheaper Preamplifiers?

I recently came into possession of a truly balanced stereo amplifier. In order to get the best out of it, naturally I need to run fully balanced. New or used, tube or SS, preferably at the lower end of the $$$, can you give me examples of truly balanced preamplifiers? 
greg7
I support the Schiit Freya + suggestion as well. I picked one up used at a great price, and it's been audio nirvana ever since.  

I had a single ended headphone amp that had humming issues.   I tried some of everything including changing power supplies but it persisted.  I replaced it with a balanced rig and all has been well since.

I use the Freya + in my main system and wanted to try something different in my bedroom system.  As with the OP, I would like to hear about more pre-amps in the sub $1K arena.
There perhaps needs to be clarity and (dare I say) agreement over what 'truly balanced' actually is, circuitwise.  There seems to be different opinions.

Recently I have contributed to a debate concerning the Audio Research Ref Phono 3SE.  This is described by AR as 'fully balanced'.  Yet a glance at the back plate reveals phono inputs only.

When AR were questioned as to how the amplifier can be fully balanced, they said:

The REF Phono 3SE does not have balanced inputs. We create a balanced signal after the inputs using a phase inverter. What turntable are you using that has balanced outputs? The outputs of the Phono 3SE are balanced and will feed your line stage with a balanced signal, pin two is positive, pin 3 is negative, and pin one is ground.
---------------------------------------------
Summary: The phase inverter does not increase the gain of the unit, it simply maintains a balance signal through the circuitry. This does provide CMR but we have no published specs on that to share.
---------------------------------------------
Summary: The REF Phono 3 uses a phase inverter circuit which converts the single ended inputs to balanced so the unit is fully balanced through the unit at at the XLR outputs

All very strange.

'The Ref Phono 3SE does not have balanced inputs'.
Why not?  Many of AR's other pre-amps have balanced inputs using XLRs.   What magic is the ;phase inverter circuit' and even if it works, why bother?

'What turntable are you using that has balanced outputs?'
Very strange response, entirely off-message. Turntables don't have 'outputs'. At this level everyone uses separates. The output is from the cartridge and can be connected balanced or not, at choice. I am afraid the responder is a marketing man, not an engineer, and knows little.

So is this amp 'fully balanced' or not?
Best to steer clear. As I did, and bought the vdH Grail SB that can be run fully balanced or single ended - has to be one or the other from input to output.

Can someone help please.  AR don't seem to be able to.

IMO AR is not the same company since Mr Johnson left the stage.  Pity.

OP, stay the course. You're on the right track. Those here questioning simply are ignorant of the sonic benefits by having a fully dif balanced system
Recently Paul McGowan put out a YTV which can help

If $$$ is tight you could get a Parasound 6 and use the XLR circuit only, then sell it when funds allow you to upgrade

TMR has a Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5 at <$1300. It's a fantastic pre Stereophile reviewed it in March 2000ish. I have one

hth
Greg, the PS Audio-Gain Cell DAC is balanced as well as others in the line, 1600 new and can trade in older equipment to lower cost.