iPad Mini as control device for network player

For those using iPad as control device for Lumin or other network player app: will the Mini suffice? All else being equal, the smaller the better for my purposes. But then all else may NOT be equal. 
hickamore
Wow, the news just gets better with every post. @lalitk, you saved me by one day! I somehow thought the current Mini was a recent release. But now will definitely wait until March for the improved version. Agon is such a valuable resource, wish I had discovered it years ago.
One thing to be aware of: older iPad mini’s may not be able to run current versions of the software you want to use. I had a first generation mini that I was using to control my Auralic streamer (with the Auralic Lightning software). At some point a few years ago it became unusable (for that purpose), because it wouldn’t run the newer iOS system software and that was required for the newer Auralic software. So, yeah, go for the newer version for maximum longevity.
^^^^For this reason alone, I take advantage of Apple trade-in policy. You can get upto 40% back in trade-in value towards new iPad. If you wait 2-3 generations, your iPad is pretty much worthless.