New Cary DMS 700

I have the 600 and it is a great piece. 

The 700 looks to be on the next level. Ladder dac

https://carydirect.com/shop-now/dms-700.html
128x128benzman
I originally purchased a full Cary Audio system when they were just getting started with their direct sales model.  Even though I received a nice discount, ever since then, I have been in competition with them when I try to sell one of my components.  With their direct sales model, list price means nothing as they discount heavily to move product.  This has adversely affected my resale value and initial investment.  Also, for those customers that have had to send their units back for service, I feel your pain.  Technical Support will not accept any phone calls and has made it very clear to me that e-mail will be the only way they will communicate with me.  Not very customer centric.  I am able to speak to the Sales Manager for some minor technical issues.  Also, since COVID19 hit, their reduced workforce has delayed service repairs as you are put on the back burner as they try to move new product.  If you complain enough they will react, otherwise your unit will be held hostage until they get to it.  Back on topic.  I upgraded from the Cary DMS 500 to the Cary DMS 600 and have been very happy with the sound.  With their initial offering of the DMS 700 at $5995, they were only giving me $2,000 for my relatively new DMS 600 on trade.  I do not think anyone will be able to justify a $4,000 difference in sound no matter how good their ears are.  As was explained to me a while back when the DMS 600 came out, it is Cary Audio's intention to upgrade this streaming unit every 1-1/2 to 2 years. 

Like LXGREEN I also purchased from Cary because everything is built in the USA and even took the time to travel to their facility in Raleigh NC and met with the owner.  They are very nice people!  Just difficult to deal with from a service standpoint.  I want to speak to a real human being.  When trying to explain a service problem, I have been openly criticized on multiple occasions by multiple Cary personnel for writing too long of e-mails.  (Just as I am doing now).  So I have had to alter how I correspond with them.  Take this as constructive advice for any Cary customer who reads this and has a service problem.  I apologize for the lengthy response, but some things about this company need to be expressed.
So has anyone got the 700 hooked up and running yet?I am in the same boat as many, looking at the T2  and the 700. Cary is really running behind as I ordered a slp-05 preamp to audition on 12/23 and still nothing at the door. Currently running Magnipan 3.7’s & Thiel 2.4’s with a Pass X250.8 so I do like detail but hoping the Cary pre will slightly smooth the highs on some digital recordings. If it does then I may be more inclined to go the T2 route as lumin has a decent app as well.
Do not think any have been shipped yet. Hopefully the 700 will have the detail of the Lumin T2 without the etch over long term listening in a brighter side of neutral system.  The T2 is a real nice player if you have the matching  room/electronics/cabling/speakers.  I think a perfect speaker cable for the T2 would be the Silversmith Fidelium. Very neutral thru the mids and highs with detailed bass that needs to be heard. Excited for the 700 though as I enjoy the 600 and it should be a couple of notches better. 
For those contemplating or recently purchased a Lumin T2, I recommend patience as the unit burns in.  I do not have the T2, but do have an X1.  For me I noticed substantial improvement at 200 hours, but even far finer at 400+ hours, which agrees with Lumin recommendations.  I have read reports of improvement with the T2 by modification to an LPS, BUT be aware, such modification voids the Lumin warranty, and Lumin will not do repair unless the modification is reversed to original configuration. 

Peter Lie from Lumin posts on a number of forums.  He is a wonderful source of information and detailed support, plus gives advice on situations not necessarily Lumin. He responds very promptly to postings. Excellent support!  

Regarding how Cary is responding via email only, this is quite common among a number of companies, not just audio, these days.  The trend had been going on before COVID, but the pandemic truly has stressed manufacturers.  The supply chain of needed parts/items to complete assembly and manufacturing has been severely disrupted.  Prior to COVID companies utilized just in time procurement models for parts and supplies.  Often, they cannot provide accurate fulfillment estimates to customers, because they cannot get accurate estimates from their suppliers.  

Post removed