New Cary DMS 700

I have the 600 and it is a great piece. 

The 700 looks to be on the next level. Ladder dac

https://carydirect.com/shop-now/dms-700.html
128x128benzman

Showing 1 response by vpm

I originally purchased a full Cary Audio system when they were just getting started with their direct sales model.  Even though I received a nice discount, ever since then, I have been in competition with them when I try to sell one of my components.  With their direct sales model, list price means nothing as they discount heavily to move product.  This has adversely affected my resale value and initial investment.  Also, for those customers that have had to send their units back for service, I feel your pain.  Technical Support will not accept any phone calls and has made it very clear to me that e-mail will be the only way they will communicate with me.  Not very customer centric.  I am able to speak to the Sales Manager for some minor technical issues.  Also, since COVID19 hit, their reduced workforce has delayed service repairs as you are put on the back burner as they try to move new product.  If you complain enough they will react, otherwise your unit will be held hostage until they get to it.  Back on topic.  I upgraded from the Cary DMS 500 to the Cary DMS 600 and have been very happy with the sound.  With their initial offering of the DMS 700 at $5995, they were only giving me $2,000 for my relatively new DMS 600 on trade.  I do not think anyone will be able to justify a $4,000 difference in sound no matter how good their ears are.  As was explained to me a while back when the DMS 600 came out, it is Cary Audio's intention to upgrade this streaming unit every 1-1/2 to 2 years. 

Like LXGREEN I also purchased from Cary because everything is built in the USA and even took the time to travel to their facility in Raleigh NC and met with the owner.  They are very nice people!  Just difficult to deal with from a service standpoint.  I want to speak to a real human being.  When trying to explain a service problem, I have been openly criticized on multiple occasions by multiple Cary personnel for writing too long of e-mails.  (Just as I am doing now).  So I have had to alter how I correspond with them.  Take this as constructive advice for any Cary customer who reads this and has a service problem.  I apologize for the lengthy response, but some things about this company need to be expressed.