Phono pre amp

I recently purchased a new TT a VPI Prime with a VDH DD2 special MC cartridge, I'm very happy. I still want to use my previous TT which was a Denon DP51F with a Ortofon MM2 Bronze cartridge. My VPI is plugged into the phono stage on my Yamaha AS2100. The question is, will I get more out of the VPI if I buy a (better) separate phono stage for the VPI and use the Yamaha phono stage for the Denon? If so, what phono pre amp would be good for the VPI?
chasda
Second Sutherland. I have a VDH MC ONE Special with the Sutherland Insight - one step up from the Vibe (I got it used for under $1K, but it lists for $1400). I used to play it through the phono input of my integrated Plinius that had a high gain/low gain switch. The improvement was tremendous. It has many different impedence and gain settings and they are adjustable with shunts, not cheap dip switches or unnecessary noisy electronics. Supposedly a comparable quality tube PS would be much more expensive.

Interestingly, the specs on VDH's web site says the output is .65mV and on the inside of my wooden box is says .75mV, (but it is very new, so it may have changed) so I guess they actually test every one and give accurate readings. I have it set to 100 ohms and 60dB gain after trying 200. VDH doesn't prescribe; it gives recommendations and says you should adjust to your liking. I got the linear power supply which is internal, so no extra power cords.

Plus Ron Sutherland is the nicest guy and picks up his phone. He just designs phono stages - that's it. No marketing, manufacturing, or anything - just him. Made in Kansas City. He stayed on the phone with me for 45 minutes guiding me on the installation of the Linear Power Supply upgrade that cost $350. Tell me one other person who would do that. He couldn't care less if I bought it used - he was honored to have his equipment running in my system. Customer for life.
I have an old an old Oracle Alexandria II with an Ortofon MC30 Super cartridge. I used to have it go directly into my Quad 44 preamp, but that phono stage was not great, and thus bought a Parasound Zphono, That made a wonderful difference. Great value to me. I then changed the cable to one specially made by Marc Stager; a Pure Silver shielded/sleeved phono cable with KLE Silver connections, that improved the sound (detail) significantly.  All for under $1k.

The Zphono only has a single input, so the Zphono XRM might make better sense for you.
About 2 weeks ago I posted this question about upgrading the phono stage of my Yamaha AS2100. You guys gave me a lot of ideas, so I did my homework and chose a barely used Musical Fidelity Nu Vista Vinyl. I'm using the XLR output to my Yamaha. I've played with it briefly and It sounds great. My question is, how do I determine which settings to use? Or do I choose with my ears? I have a VDH MC DDT II Special cartridge and a VPI Prime TT with the 10" JMW tone arm. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post removed