Coax Digital Out -> XLR Digital Input cable?

Hello, 

This is for Blue Node 2i Streamer -> Boulder 866 Int Amp.

Blue Node 2i has Coax digital out (coaxial rca out from blue node 2i) 

And Boulder 866 has XLR digital input (3-pin xlr convertible to s/pdif on rca).

For this connection, can I use this kind of cable? (RCA to XLR Male)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687814-REG/Mogami_GOLD_XLRM_RCA_20_Gold_RCA_Male_to.html

Thank you.

128x128sangbro
Coax cable provides DIGITAL signals.  XLR cable is ANALOG.  

Never the two shall meet :-)
Coax cable provides DIGITAL signals. XLR cable is ANALOG.  

Never the two shall meet :-)

You should google "AES/EBU"
XLR is a connector type, while AES/EBU (now known as AES3) is the name of digital standard (IEC 60958 type I) that uses 110ohm cable and XLR connector.
Oh no.  Digital and analog confusion again.  Look, the signal is electromagnetic, it does not know if it is digital or analog.  Both types will travel at the same speed and react to impedance the same way.  So let's just close the case on getting a digital or analog cable.  Silly topic.  Now, you can DESIGN a cable for digital or audio applications, but basically you are designing in the parameters of impedance, etc. 

You are splitting a signal, single ended to balanced.  That can work OK. But that will halve your impedance.  Any type of signal has to be matched to that at the source or load.  So you should start with knowing what your source and load impedance is. So if you mismatch the source and load and the signal is analog, it is more forgiving.  Of course you have trashed the signal.  If it is digital all hell brakes loose and if you have a good receiver maybe you can recover and not lose too much data. 

I doubt a straight cable is your answer.  Probably an adapter, but never designed any so can't say.