Reliability of Dutch & Dutch 8C speakers

Kal Rubinson gives a rave review of these speaker in Stereophile, but Darko, while agreeing that they sound great, seems to concentrate on the several failed units that were provided for review.  Anyone have experience with these speakers?
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
I believe several of the early units provided for reviewers had a bad wire or something in the amp modules. I remember reading about it you might find something by Google. 
Wait a minute! FAN? Are the screws I see on the bottom of the speaker in images indicative of a FAN used internally? 

Can anyone give some insight on this? 
The dutch and dutch use very cheap nasty drivers in their ultra expensive speakers. This is an insult to the consumers who rightly expect ultra high end drivers if you spend such a large amount of money.

Its an insult to the high end speaker/driver companies that spend months developing high end drivers. The dutch and dutch use ordinary drivers and an unusual cabinet loading. The cabinet has holes drilled in the sides to allow some of that energy to escape. The bass drivers on the back are there to compensate for loss of this energy. It also uses a lot of DSP to get the result they want. 

The cabinet itself is ordinary mdf or actual WOOD depending on whether you get the hifi or studio version. 

Again this is an insult to all those speaker companies that have worked tirelessly to develop better cabinet materials. 

The dutch and dutch claims to offer perfection according to the reviews and the company. 

We all know this cant be true. So it must be a hoax.