Best CDP w/ headphone jack for under $1,000

I just blew out the power supply on my CD player thanks to my wonderous attempts at tweaking. So now I need a new player that meets these qualifications:

1) Must have headphone jack with volume control.
2) Must play CD-R discs.
3) Must sound "musical" and not bright, dry, or shallow.
4) Must cost less than $1,000.

The only 2 players that I know of with a headphone jack are the Jolida JD 100 and Marantz SA 8260. The addition of SACD playback on the Marantz would be nice, but for all of the 2 SACD discs I own, is it worth it considering I heard someone say this player has trouble reading some discs? Since I am a headphone listener, can anyone tell me how each of these players sounds through the headphone jack? Or is there another player I have overlooked that is worth considering?
piano632
Decisions, decisions...

Seems a bit unnecessary to buy a tube player (Jolida) if the tubes aren't used in the headphone output.

The Eastern Electric seems to be a little over $1,000 unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Has anyone here used one of the pro CD recorders made by Marantz, HHB, Denon, etc.? They all seem to have headphone jacks. But I would imagine the emphasis on these machines would be in the recording, and not necessarily in the playback. Anyway, just another possibility to consider.
I thought the retail was still 900, but I see it listed now in the classifieds at 1099. With the Senn. 650's it replaced a 1500 cd player and a well regarded 1000 headphone amp. and you can roll tubes to your liking.
I am not connected to any sales-just excited about finding this player. also only 12 inches wide so my wife lets me keep it on a side table.
Ed
Touch base with Bill @ Morningstar, William7 I believe here on A'gon. He may be able to get you a demo model Minimax. He is a GREAT guy, a true gentleman!

But even if not, I think the Minimax is still well worth the $1100.