Why so many angry audiophiles?

Just wondering. Music is supposed to soothe the soul. If you are in reasonably good health for your age, have a good system and good music to play on it you have it pretty good it seems to me. These are blessings! Be thankful for what you got?

Just a thought.  That's how I see it.
128x128mapman
$5k only buys a few good cables. Where are you coming from?
What does this country stand for, by the way?
I think some audiophiles vent their anger or frustration online, hiding behind a username. I just let it pass. Spilled milk only turns sour. 
Yes, 5k for a pair of cables would buy food for a lot of people. You're way out of touch. This country stands for the rule of law not the treasonous blind allegiance to a single individual. We fought the war of independence to escape the authoritarian rule of King George III.
Absolutely! For the last two years I've had the excitement of a teenager with their first stereo. I got mine out from a 15 year hibernation. As I sit her tonight, listening to a very clean UK first pressing of Led Zeppelin III, I realize life couldn't be much better! It's been a blast starting my vinyl collection up again and upgrading all of my components. I'm very thankful.

There is no room for anger. Even when there is a disagreement with buying vinyl online. Today I donated a copy of Paul Desmond Take Ten to my local used hi fi/record shop for the owner to sell. The grading was way off yet the seller was uncompromising. It gave me more pleasure to donate the album to my home town guy and let him sell it cheap to somebody else than return it and have bad feelings about the seller. I'll just avoid him from here on out.
Interesting topic, I know I’ve trigged more than my fair share of audiophiles...this is a great forum for learning and sharing a common interest.

I for now am happy with my NAD HT receiver, I chose it for a dual purpose and I’m not disappointed. Hard to be angry when it captures the emotions of the music.

so cheers to all-I’m thankful for the great deals I’ve gotten on second hand gear, that allows me to relax to great tunes...