Magico V2 vs. Q1

I currently own a V2 - is it worth upgrading to Q1?
simonw
Stereotaipei, what other speakers did you auditioned before settling on Magico Q1?
When I looked replacement for the MM3, I listened to speakers from Raidho, TAD, Kharma, Marten, Magnepan, Wilson, Lansche, Focal Utopia, Avalon, Gyia, Joseph audio, Estelon, Hansen, KEF, MBL, Vandersteen, Sonus Faber, YG, Rockport, Nola, Aerial.... for each brand at least 2-3 different speakers.
I am lucky to live in a region where it is easy to hear most brands, and I am traveling all the time across the globe, so easy for me to go to listen to new stuff.
What I liked the most besides Magico is Gyia (but cabinet is not stable and drivers look fragile), TAD.
The Mini II is a CLASSIC speaker!

It demonstrated(to me) that it could easily stand up to much bigger designs and actually embarrassed many of them."This" with a smaller foot print and almost perfect design.There is a good reason these are sealed boxes.

IMO,the economy has stopped it's production(the cabinet was imported and very expensive...not to mention gorgeous) but those owning it are fortunate and smart to hold on....I believe the newer versions,with the squared off boxes will fit in the pro applications,like recording studios a bit easier and keep profits coming in.Still good sounding but not in the Rolex/Breitling class aesthetically,like the stunning MINI!

EBM has about as great a MINI II system as anyone could ever imagine!!!
Stereotaipei, It appears we have similar taste. I've narrowed down to the same 3 speaker makers except my order of preference is different.

I'm going for the Tad E1 if it's 90% of the Ref1. Probably can't demo them until Newport show.

I contacted JTinn via his company website for a local EA dealer to demo speakers but never got a reply so I guess they are off the list.