Better Amp for Cornwall IV's...

...Parasound 2250 v.2 / 200 Pre combo, which I own, or Denon PMA-1600NE integrated, which I don't, but I admire the build quality and appearance of?  My Parasound is rated 275W into 8 Ohms / 400W into 4, while the Denon is 70W into 8 and 140 into 4.  Of course, the Klipsch Cornwall IV's are quite sensitive and are rated 8 Ohms.  Maybe more than which is better, which would you all prefer?
jdmccall56
Also, I can't believe my first post is pointing someone to an amp that I might bid on. Oh well, should save me some money.
No fear; not a tube guy!
I would suggest a Luxman integrated
I would LOVE a Luxman, but they're TDE (too danged expensive). :)
And Bill...thanks so much for your advice.  I bet that Yamaha pair is NICE!!

I did see a "scratch & dent Denon 1600 for a good price on Crutchfield today.  I've bought lots of open box and refurbished but never a scratch & dent.  I don't think I want to go down that path.

"If the Cornwalls are like my Heresys, you don't want to short them on power. They need a little juice to get jumping."

The best my Heresys/Heresy IIs jumped was with a Luxman R-117(why did I sell it to DeanG?) with it's 160w/ch and unlimited dynamic headroom.  Needless to say, my Heresy IIs jump pretty darn well with my CA 640A v2's 75w/ch.

Bill
You own an amp with unlimited dynamic headroom? 

The best I have ever heard any horn sound was with OTL amps.  You dont get the significant editorializing with OTLs which I think you get with SETs. Clearer, sharper, faster with fewer colorations to my ears. As others have said mentioned dont short these speakers on power.
Not a tube guy? Well you should be, you have bought the perfect speakers for tubes.

Seriously though. Buy a good tube amp. You can thank me later.....

Oz
"You own an amp with unlimited dynamic headroom?"

Maybe a slight exaggeration but all the same a great sounding powerful vintage stereo receiver.

Bill