What did your system look like 30 years ago?

As best as I can recall, this is what I had

Magnepan MG1.4 speakers; Rega Planar 3 turntable with a Linn K9 cartridge; CAL Icon CD player;  Adcom GTP500 II tuner/preamp; Adcom GFA545 amp

I still have my Zerostat which I bought in the 80's-
128x128zavato
In 1990, the system I have now was the system I had then: Nakamichi 410 preamp, Quad 405 power amp, NAD CD player (currently on my 3rd NAD CD), Thorens 166 mk2 table but married to a Denon 103 cartridge instead of the Sumiko blue point #2 I have now. Speakers? The venerable ADS 1230s, still going strong since 1983. 
Magnepan MG-1c, Kyocera A-710, Rotel RP 850, JVC XL-Z1050TN.  Still have all except for JVC and used in a secondary system for nostalgic purposes!  It's been a long journey since then.
What fun to remember

Speakers: JSE Infinite Slope, Model II. The only speakers I heard at audio shows I liked as much as the ones I had and use now. They were/are the most accurate speakers I ever owned.

Preamp and Amp: McIntosh SS C28; McIntosh SS MC2250.

TT, none, solidly in the ’cd’s perfect forever’ world. (Thorens TD124/SMe on a shelf downstairs).

CD: Onyko, dual matched burr brown processors

Cassette: Onkyo, their high end dual deck. Prior to CD I made lots of recordings from LP’s, now played them and made Cassettes to give away from CDs

8 Track. Just kept it, it was a gift from Columbia House, I had designed their offices.

R2R: vintage 2 Track Stereo with 2 Track Stereo Tapes (no 4 track yet)

Equipment Rack: Same one I have now

Locations:

Then: Plants only on top of the Rack (I promised Donna she could have the top for plants when we bought the rack).
All equipment on 2 shelves below, a bit inconvenient, but
Speakers in the same corners as now.
On 4 wheels as per OEM design. Easy to adjust, push back when big party. Changed to 3 wheels, more weight per wheel.
Current speakers, even heavier, 3 wheels, hard to move even on wheels.

Location Now: to keep my word, but get 4 pieces stacked on the top shelf, I bought some trays, put felt on the bottom, put them on top of equipment, I still do that. Gotta trust her. I keep one tray of plants on top of cassette that doesn’t move, and one tray that stays/moves from the TT when current 4 track R2R in use, moves to R2R when TT in use.
New deep glass shelf for JVC big plinth.

How many of you would trust the wifey to water plants on your equipment?

Plants can be seen here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133612076659

mapman

Are those Grolsch bottles? They look darker than the Green ones, did they make a dark beer I wasn't aware of? Grolsch was my 'celebration' beer, couldn't afford it regularly.
Hmm well they were my roommates and a long time ago. Don’t really know.

I think they were there for decorative purposes.  We were not so much ahead  of our time quite honestly to call them "resonators"  but why not?