Preamp choices:Short list

Ok so I want to transition to a truly balanced system. My current components are single ended only. I have 3 choices of pre's: BAT vk-42SE, BAT vk-23SE or Rogue RP-7. Are there any clear front runners? (Note the 42SE is older, carries risk of servicing?). Thanks
jimbones
@soix  I am currently using a Modwright LS100 (with all NOS tubes) and Wells Audio Inamorata. I like the sound of a tube pre. I have not found solid state to have the fullness in the lower mids. I have tried some solid state but they tend to sound thin. But the bass in SS is better. The Wells is a SS amp that has "tube like" qualities. Sonically they sound good but I am getting noise. Now here is the kicker: I am getting older and want simplicity and reliability in my system. I don't want to be screwing around with tubes and chasing down issues. Also I can't lift 75lb amps any more. So I am in a quandary, I like a certain sound but may not achieve it the way I am going. My first preference based on this is a SS Pre and Class D amp. If I can't do that it's a tube pre with Class D amp. My speakers are 92db efficient I run 2 GR Research subs driven by Rythmik amps. I hope I covered everything. Thank you for taking the time to consider. (BTW, @yyzsantabarbara suggested Benchmark, the only reason I am not jumping on their pre is I am afraid of it being analytical sounding and far from tubes. They do have a trial so there is no risk.
You might want to give Decware ZEN Triode preamp a listen, made here in the USA with lifetime warranty to original purchaser, $2,995.00 custom made, they only start to build it after you order it truly a work of art, no circuit boards all hand made.
If you want to expand your list the Benchmark LA4 was recently given a glowing review in Stereophile.
Frank Van Alstine was once reputed to say that "balanced is a solution looking for a problem". I'm inclined to believe him.