Magico V2 vs. Q1

I currently own a V2 - is it worth upgrading to Q1?
simonw
My room is 15' X 16' (240 sq feet) and the bass I get from the Mini 2 is tremendous. I use Pass XA160.5 because the Mini is a tough load and I listen pretty loudly when the music calls for it. The Q1 is supposed to extend even further in the bass. I think the Wilson Duette is ported while the Magico speakers are not. So the bass will have a very different character.

When I play the Sheffield Drum Track LP, the bass impact, extension and clarity is about all I could hope for in my small room. It shatters my ears when I turn it up. My buddy with Sashas doesn't get the bass I have from these two-way speakers.

Ask the dealer if you can demo the Q1 in your system. It's the only way to know for sure. What amps do you have? Magico needs lots of good, clean power.
There's a review of the Q1 here:

http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/main/press/HIFiCriticJul-SepQ1forweb.pdf

Does your dealer have the new S1s?
Very interesting review Kana. Thanks for posting it. I wish more reviews had
such extensive measurement data. The room in which the review took place
seems very reflective and underdamped. I also wonder if those Transparent
cables were reconfigured for the new speakers or if they still matched the
Wilsons. Apparently, that is critical to getting the most out of the system.

This review is not posted on Magico's website.
The dealer in my country would not permit in-house demo...

People who write reviews tend to say along the lines that "given the physical size" the bass is tremendous... I am sure that's the case but it is such a big caveat. I listen to classical 99% of the time - mainly piano and orchestral. I dont need strong and powerful bass but it's important to portray that "weight" in orchestral music - i didnt get that via the duette...

I am using Jeff Rowland 625 - it's working well with the V2.
just to clarify, i was refering to reviewers in magazine - i read a few which says that the speaker produces the best bass among speakers of similar sizes...