Does Anyone Think CD is Better Than Vinyl/Analog?

I am curious to know if anyone thinks the CD format (and I suppose that could include digital altogether) sounds better than vinyl and other analog formats. Who here has gone really far down both paths and can make a valid comparison? So far, I have only gone very far down the CD path and I just keep getting blown away by what the medium is capable of! I haven’t hit a wall yet. It is extremely dependent on proper setup, synergy and source material. Once you start getting those things right, the equipment gets out of the way and it can sound more fantastic than you can imagine! It’s led me to start developing a philosophy that goes something like this: Digital IS “perfect sound forever”; it’s what we do to the signal between the surface of the CD and the speaker cone that compromises it.” 
So I suppose what I’m asking for is stories from people who have explored both mediums in depth and came to the conclusion that CD has the most potential (or vice versa - that’s helpful too). And I don’t simply mean you’ve spent a lot of money on a CD player. I mean you’ve tinkered and tweaked and done actual “research in the lab,” and came back with a deep understanding of the medium and can share those experiences with others.

In my experience, the three most important things to get right are to find a good CD player (and good rarely means most expensive in my experience) and then give it clean power. In my case, I have modified my CD player to run off battery power with DC-DC regulators. The last thing that must be done right is the preamp. It’s the difference between “sounds pretty good” and “sounds dynamic and realistic.”
128x128mkgus
This question will not change anybody’s mind.
For the record:

- I have both CD and vinyl formats. - I have comparable quality playback hardware for each

- while vinyl requires signal interventions that offend the kind of purists who rush to digital as a consequence, to my ears vinyl sounds superior and is more engaging. This is in part because digital also has a signal intervention: it divides the audio spectrum into bits and the sampling rate settled on by the recording industry for reasons of profit is not sufficient to capture all the data that analog does.

- a friend who is also an audiophile has a digital system. His system is more costly than mine. In some ways it captures more detail, but the experience to my ears is lifeless. The sound was flat, as if a picture painted onto a wall. My system is dynamic, with sound like sculpture in space.
This question comes up often. It is not what sounds better, but rather a personal choice of a type of sound. Vinyl differs from CDs and they in turn, sound different than HD tracks.
For long listening sessions vinyl is without a doubt the winner. Also in terms of wholeness, a coheret field of music, vinyl is unbeatable. If you are looking for detail and increased dynamic range, then CD's and HD tracks are the way to go, but bear in mind, that you will not be happy listening for exteded periods of time. 
I too went through the few years, of CD wonderment; eventually I started listening to vinyl again and was stunned by the warmth and wholeness of the music experience. I own about 1500 lps , no CD's since what's the point? You copy them to  a hard drive and are done with the ugly plastic object (however, you will need a decent D/A and those are not cheap) I also use QoBuz and Audirvana and like the combo a lot. My TT is an Acoustic Signature Primus with a MC Dynavetor K 17 DX cart, Sutherland phono stage, and VTL 6.5 preamp. Finally setting up a decent vinyl system is definitively more expensive, but also more rewarding.
Postscript:

I started listening to vinyl when I was 9 years old. That was 57 years ago. I started listening to CDs when I was 40, a mere 26 years ago. My ears are “tuned” for analog. 
Visit theaudioatticvinylsundays.com to see a description of my playback system. 
Consider this: I worked as a recording engineer for 45 years. In the last 20 years, I did many A vs D shootouts.  Here's what I found: younger people - despite their better hearing - came more and more to prefer the sound of digital.  Clearly, the gear has gotten significantly better, but that didn't seem to adequately explain the change I saw in how many votes digital got in comparison to analog.  Then it dawned on me, the younger engineers and musicians  had grown up on digital, and the music many of them listen to was created using the particularities of digital recording.  To them, that's how it's "supposed" to sound.  Older engineers and musicians would typically prefer analog, but they would be sitting in a group of younger engineers who heard the same playback (over excellent systems in actual recording studios) and the young guys clearly tended to vote for the digital versions. I also noticed that the percentage of older engineers who voted for the analog versions was slowly falling over the years.  Our tastes and expectations seem to be evolving.  I think that music consumers are now also "learning" the sound of digital and they love the snappy, crisp sound and the immensely greater convenience of digital.  As for me, I can hear and appreciate the qualities of good analog, but I HATE surface noise on records and I resent having to get out of my chair, lift the needle, and start "side B".  My digital setup sounds SO good, that I rarely bother with analog sources anymore (though I do use a tube amplifier to drive my speaker system from 80 HZ up). 
I have witnessed this debate before, but I will admit that I read all 4 pages of this one, as this debate here was distinctively: honest, generally more respectful of differences, and instructive, for many of us who do not have the acoustical training or experience. Learned a lot from you all, colleagues of the same tribe, whether we want to call ourselves audiophiles, or music lovers, absolute sound fans, etc. In my humble experience with music, started as a school band player, then afrocuban amateur percussionist, then decades of listening to world music from a consumer-level system to now a mid-level hifi (mostly second hand to be able to afford it), I am both amazed and privileged to enjoy so much listening to amazing musical works in CD and vynil formats. Under the pandemic's global enclosure, those of us who had music and sound systems to play it, have been therapeutically served by our musical culture. Our therapist or psychologist have been always there, our music, and under this survival crisis, came out to save us. Tribe members, keep enjoying this privileged musical culture that in my experience, brings out the best of humanity. As an educator, please, share this wealth we all enjoy recreating every minute we listen, with our younger generations! I noticed in the 1980's, with the wave moving towards the digital format, what I PERCEIVED as an "electric sound" in CDs, in comparison to my LPs. That memory stayed with me, but I kept my old CDs, and now with DACS and better CD player, I keep "re-discovering" them. In the meantime (35 years), I returned to LPs, was able to get good, affordable turntables, MM and MC cartridges, tube and SS phono stages, tube and SS preamps and amps. My experience is to improve my CD gear to better enjoy my CD collection, which I keep buying. But mostly, I buy mostly used LP records, some few new ones, clean them up, care for them, read their literature, enjoy them greatly. I enjoyed reading today about everyone's experiences in this hobby, in this musical culture, this passion of ours, please keep it on, no matter which medium we prefer, "think", or "like" the most. Happy listening musical tribe comrades!