Magnepan 3.7's versus 20.1's?

Anybody here had the chance to compare the new Magnepan 3.7s with their longtime flagship 20.1 speakers?
salmonsc
You have to evaluate the line up as Magnepan views their customers and what they believe are the customer's respective budgets. The 3 series is a compromised design based on what Magnepan believes most customers will bring to the table in terms of equipment quality and room size at the $5K price point. The one series a couple of notches below that. IMHO Magnepan has much less interest in the 20.1 than in the other models because it's too expensive and too demanding of both space and equipment for the average Magnepan buyer, nor does it have the cache to capture the blank check gotta have the latest and most expensive TAS approved gear, Magico comes to mind. The 20.1 exists because Magnepan needs a flagship product and a means of retaining the generally few customers who want to move up the line. Used sales don't count as far as Magnepan is concerned. However, I do believe that the 20.1 will likely get the all QR treatment if for no other reason than to standardize production techniques and materials. Whether or not they revise the crossover is another matter.
This is an interesting discussion to which I would like to ask a question.

When is a room big enough for 3.7's?

I upgraded to 1.7's from 1.2's and heard a world of improvement. Due to room size and physical set up, I do not think that I am getting all the sound stage and depth of field out of the 1.7's.

This indicates to me that the 3.7's would work even less well.

Does my reasoning make sense or does it expose my ignorance?

Please help me to understand room size better.

My room is 15 feet wide and 35 feet long with 8 foot ceilings. The speakers are four feet from the front wall and, due to WAF, the listeing seat is about thirteen feet from the same wall. I cannot move the listening spot further back.

Thanks.
Dsper

Is the "front wall" the long or short wall? This will make a significant difference if you are able to experiment....
hi cwlondon:

i think the stacked quad esls stomps on all magnepans, as far as creating a more realistic timbre and the quads , within their range, are less inaccurate.