Genesis V problems ... thud when there's no music

Hi all,

I've just had a pair of Genesis V landed from overseas and so I quickly connected it up to find there's 2 problems.

The first problem is one of the dome mid range has been damaged. It has been crushed / pushed in and both the dome and the grill is damaged. I've pushed it out, but of course it's all wrinkled and creased. I've called Genesis, and they have quoted me $225 + shipping. But of course they don't know how much shipping to New Zealand is.
The second and the main problem is that the active servo amp is making the woofers move (a lot) without any music playing). I listen to my music quite loud, so normally you don't hear the thud thud, but during the quite bits or between songs, then it's certainly there.

The speaker didn't come with any manuals, but from what I could make out the speakers are connected to my amp (an Onkyo AVR) and the servo bass amp is connected to the line out of my amp. This seems to work, other than the thud noise. Usually it goes thud thud thud about 2 every second or so, quite consistently. It doesn't seem to matter what the mid or tweeter settings are on, and it doesn't seem to matter what the hi/low pass setting is on the servo amp. Turning the volume down on the servo amp does get rid of the noise, however it may still be happening, but I just can't hear it because it's so low. When I unplug the line input into the servo amp, any noise goes away.

Can someone suggest some things I can try to get rid of this oscillation? Other than this unwanted noise, and the damaged mid, I quite like the speakers.
puunda1
This is the weirdest problem, but luckily it's been fixed.
I emailed Genesis, and they said it might be the active servo cable which they can replace for $2000USD. I asked around, and most people seem to think there may be a DC offset coming out of my AVR which is confusing the active servo system. So I checked the cables, and they looked fine. Then I got another pre amp and magically the problem went away. It works perfectly. Now here's the weird part. I plugged it back into my AVR and this time, everything is working fine! I have no idea what happened in the 2 days or so they have been sitting there, but I'm listening to them right now, and they are working perfectly and sound fantastic. Very odd.
Hi there, Carl here. Did you ever get an owners manual for your Genesis V's? I have both the manual and the brochure if you need a copy. I have owned the 2.5's and the 201's so I am quite familiar with their various strengths and weaknesses. Let me know if you need anything. Best regards, Carl F. Tenckhoff.
I wanted to ask some questions about connections as I considering buying from another seller. I now have a set up with speaker wire feeds through a wall plate from a remote receiver. Where does the primary speaker connection go to? The remote servo amplifier or the speaker cabinets themselves? How thick / long are the servo cables? Could the servo amplifier be remoted (placed in basement ) and fed to two speakers? What kind of servo connectors? Could cable be spliced / reconnectorized? If servo amplifier was in basement, what IR remote control features would be lost / inconvenient? Do you use the remote control features often after initial set up? How is on/off controlled? How is high pass / low pass achieved? Are preamp feeds also required? Thanks. I am Max S in New Jersey.