New Cary DMS 700

I have the 600 and it is a great piece. 

The 700 looks to be on the next level. Ladder dac

https://carydirect.com/shop-now/dms-700.html
128x128benzman
We will find out soon enough.  Been quite a few units sold. 
The Aurender A10 is 5500
The Lumin T2 is 4500
Ps Audio Direct Stream w/ bridge is 6899
Mytec Manhattan w/ network card is 6999

Even though Cary will tell you to run a preamp for best results, I ran the DMS 600 directly into a pair of monos for a year. I the added a swarm sub system and it was easier for me to integrate a pre. I added a Rogue RP 7 tube linestage. It added a better bottom ( without the swarm ) and a little more air.  It was not night and day,so the Cary sounds damn good as a stand-alone and with the connectivity you can certainly use it as a digital pre-amp.   

Street price will be right in line with features and SQ.  
I'm just now looking @ the 600 - though in my quest and more so confusion.   What's the best way to connect a music server/streamer?

USB as in the McIntosh C53?
I have a 1tb ssd connected with USB. Also a 128 G SD card into its integrated SD player. You can use its digital usb out if you want to use it just as a streamer or any of its digital ins to use as a Dac.  Very flexible peice. 
I owned a couple of Cary pieces in past. First one was a new tube amp that had design flawed and was charged over 1k to upgrade to “MKII” to correct their mistake. Next I bought their flagship preamp used which turned out to be manufactured out of phase. IT WAS BUILT THIS WAY INCORRECTLY!  After multiple calls I had to send back to them at my expense (and return shipping as well) and they finally admitted it was built wrong but I had to pay to repair to get to the way it should have been built.  Poor quality control, useless customer support. Only plus is they are built in USA but they behave as if they were from China. I will NEVER purchase any Cary product again.