Power strips- too many choices

Out of necessity I need to use a power distributer/ strip.  I am impressed with how many options there are and how varied the reviews of the strips are; even some discussing degradation of the sound.   It seems surge protection would be valuable but cant figure out the other features.  Trying to decide between, Isotek vs Gigawatt vs PS audio.
Don't want to spend too much as there are other cabling needs pending. Further complicating the purchase; I have 7 cords and  at least per the Isotek website it seems that its best to use only one outlet lest resulting in "noise" from the outlier.  ( but isn't the idea of the strip to clean up that "noise") Any suggestions would be appreciated.
mpomerantz
I have a Nordost distribution unit but it doesn't perform as good or better than my Furutech Wall receptacles. I found that these power components like power distributor or transformer or regenerator have a common weakness which is the receptacle piece. Although these units have hospital grade receptacles, way better than the stock ones, but they are not nearly as good as something like Furutech and other similar brands. As a result the overall distribution performance suffers. Now you can replace these receptacles but that involves money, skill and time. That's why I plug all my two channel stereo components straight to Furutech Wall receptacles.
Having lived in an area with a bad off grid power supply, I can affirm the need for surge and drop out protection. A direct short encountered in a transformer, caused a mega volt surge that took out most of the electronics and appliances of everyone in the community. Luckily, I had my audio, video and computer electronics, plugged into surge protectors. While the surge protectors were fried, they did their job to protect my electronics and with the exception of a blown fuse in my pre-amp. everything fared well. Some of my appliances, not plugged into surge protection didn't fare so well. 

On our off grid, diesel operated system, it was common to have our power surge or drop regularly by 10 or 12 V. Having my audio gear plugged into two separate APC power conditioners, costing around $300.00 ea. did a spectacular job of keeping noise out and balancing the outgoing voltage to 120V +/- 3V. Even on this very bad off grid power, through the APCs, my system sounded incredibly clean and good.

Now back on a very stable power grid (voltage continually stable 120 -122 volts) with no noticeable RFI, my conditioners have little to do. Even when my large AC unit kicks on my audio system doesn't blink. When I see mention the need of a $2K, $3K or $5K power strip/conditioner and $5K power cords to make someone's systems perform well, I gotta say - I feel the urge to roll my eyes and shake my head just a bit.....Jim 
Pops....mine arrived yesterday ...same configuration......will give it a week before I can truly decide but already some sounds seem to be popping out of the background to surprise me!