Technics 1200G VS VPI Prime Signature

Has anyone specifically compared these two turntables? Longevity plays a role here, but ultimately SQ is paramount. Aesthetically the Prime Signature (rosewood) is a beautiful looking table. Thinking about either table with Van Den Hul Grail, and VDH DDTII special. I have heard nothing but good things about Technics 1200G.  I have heard of some QC issues with VPI. The simplicity of the Technics unit is also a plus. Any input about this will be appreciated...
jakesnak
I will chime in here. I owned a Prime (not signature). I hated it from day one. Yes, it is beautiful and impressive looking but that 3D Unipivot arm is a piece of junk. I can’t believe they market that arm and people like it. The arm is flimsy feeling, does not give a good level of confidence , and mine constantly needed adjusting. Whenever I wanted to spin vinyl, I had to allow 15 or 20 minutes to get the arm to work properly. It was always slanted towards the left or right and I would have to play with the side weights. The motor was noisy from day one, VPI told me they were all like that. When the motor started up, there would be a shudder between the platter and motor.

I found myself not spinning vinyl any longer. After 2 years of ownership, I traded it in for half of what I paid (I was glad to get even that for it) and bought a new Technics SL1200G. I LOVE this turntable. It is very well built, the fit and finish is first rate, the arm is a joy to set up and use and it is set and forget, just like Ron Popeils Showtime Rotisserie Oven. The cueing is very accurate and precise, you can use any kind of brush on the record while spinning and the motor won’t bog down, I get no acoustic feedback which I did get with the Prime and my vinyl sounds sublime.

The Technics SL1200G is my last turntable.
Stereo54, Thank you! I have had similar feed back in regards to tonearm and always adjusting! I really appreciate your input. are you using the stock headshell? As indicated thinking VDH DDT2 special. What cartridge or cartridges are you using? I also like your Ron Popeils metaphor!! 
I am very happy with my 1200G. I am a record collector and needed something that would play vinyl and shellac well. I use everything from ADC to Miyajima and Phasemation cartridges-the headshells vary depending on the application. I got a damper from KAB and use Audio Sensibility cables.Whatever you do, don’t buy a VPI without using it first. They have a different "feel" that needs to be experienced.

Thanks Andy, I'm going Technics 1200G. Too many red flags with VPI. You mentioned damper? can you explain? I know Kevin at KAB, good knowledgeable guy.
@jakesnak,

I am using a ZU Audio Denon DL103 going into the MC section of my McIntosh C2500 preamp.  I am planning on the Dynavector DV20HXL cartridge in March or April.