Budget tower speakers that rock!

Hey all!
First timer in here. I know how subjective this gets but I'll ask anyway... I'm looking for a pair of budget tower speakers (under $1000) that really cook w/ rock n roll music. Vintage is OK. I want to play them loud and I like solid bottom end extension. Maybe it's not the most refined sound in the world, but these speakers would (in theory) be exciting to listen to...meaning I'm not concerned w/ a neutral delivery. Again, I know a good speaker is a good speaker regardless of the genre of music being played...but humor me. What do you think are some decent choices to consider? Also, I play mostly vinyl on a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon thru an Outlaw SS2150. Thanks!
samcbride
Another vote for Zu Dirty weekend.
The capacitors can be upgraded in the event your tastes change and you end up seeking a little more refinement or accuracy.
They're super efficient... 97db..so yes, they'll give you LOUD.
60 day satisfaction guarantee.
Chane Audio A5.5 towers, under $1000 shipped NIB (not always in stock though). HTD level 3 tower speakers, also under $1000 shipped NIB. Both great internet direct companies without as much appreciation as they should have. 
I have a pair of near mint condition PSB Gold in black ash. I am in Los Angeles if the OP is close and wishes to hear them. I am the original owner...they never been out of my home. 
Salon1 Audio had a pair of Mirage OM10 speakers for sale for around $700. 
I still listen to the ones I own in a secondary system.  Great speaker IMHO.