Help with adding turntable to my room...cartridge advice for Rega P6

I am setting up a new room and looking for some help with my phono set up.  I am running a Prima Luna EVO 400 into a pair of Dynaudio Evoke 50s.  Enjoying this a lot right now and ready to add vinyl.  Going to inherit a great vinyl collection from my father - a lot of 70's classic rock - my tastes generally ranger from harder rock to Grateful Dead, with a lot in between (Phish, MMJ).  But less classical and traditional jazz. The room itself, is if anything, just a tiny bit bassy - noticing that on lower quality source material - high quality well recorded digital source sounds nearly perfect to my ears.  Still dialing in the whole set up.

I have committed to a Rega P6 turntable (on the way) without a cartridge and will need to add a phono stage.  For purpose of the discussion let's assume my budget for both is ideally $1,000 and definitely under $2k.  

Ease of use and my ability to set this all up is going to be a factor.  Have never set up a table myself, but generally handy as long as no soldering involved - but know next to nothing about VTA / SRA and at the end of the day want to listen to music.

On the phono stage side have been considering:
- Simaudio Moon
- Vincent Audio Pho 500 
- Cambridge duo;
- Project S2 

Cartridges are throwing me for a loop - leaning toward MC :
- Ortofon Quintet blue (feel like the black will be overkill)
- Hana EL or SL (will I need spacers);
- other good MC matches? or
-  do I go with a MM like a Ortofon Bronze and call it a day....

I know this topics has been discuss to death over and over - but need help coming out the other side.
Thanks to anyone with some thoughts or advice.
Tim

twhitezzz
Slight correction. Mine is a modified RP6...should be somewhat similar to the P6.
I would get the Rega  EXACT  at  600$ !
The exact is about as rock as it gets . Rega knows what they are doing .
I used the factory installed Exact 2 for 6 months. Good cartridge but the Dynavector 20X2H just blew it away.