My experience with Galen Carol Audio

I called Galen Carol Audio today because they carry all three of the manufacturers of turntables that I am considering for an upgrade (SME, Clearaudio, and VPI).  Down here in Miami, there are not many analog dealers, so I looked elsewhere.

Galen himself answered the phone, and we had a 30 minute discussion on turntable manufacturing methods, differences in quality, and approach.  He is a kind, gracious person and very knowledgable about analog.  I was just so impressed with him that I was inspired to share this experience here on the forum!

If you need something that they sell, I would recommend giving Galen Carol a call!
marktomaras
 Nope. It was just a well-deserved testimonial.  I have no affiliation with the dealer, nor did he  ask me to post anything.   This was a shout out to someone who deserved it, and a heads up to those on this forum looking for a good dealer.
Galen is one of my favorite dealers too. I purchased a VPI Classic, Simaudio Moon phono stage, a VPI 9T tonearm, Benz Glider, and an Aurender N100H from him. He once talked me out of a $5000 preamp purchase from him on the basis that he did not think the preamp in question would be a significant upgrade over the preamp I already had. 
But at the time, my town lacked a b&m shop that sold VPI. Now I have one and when it comes to turntables, I have learned that there is no substitute for having a local pro ready to help when you need it. Any money you save up front will likely be lost later if you buy mail-order. But if a product is not available locally, there is no one better than Galen. 
+1 for great seller of Galen Audio from owner of audible illusion L3A and now L3B ... blackgate version of course.   

Both units at 240v for Singapore took 1 month to build and arrived at my home against all the concern on long leadtime of Audible Illusion.

Will continue to seek his help for my future hifi purchases.

Cheers.

Richard