I love sad music

I'm talking about music that when you're feeling down will make you feel worse. I don't want uplifting or inspirational. Some of Chopin's more melancholic works can do it for me.  I don't listen to country, but George Jones singing "It's a good day for the roses" is about as sad a song as you will find. Leonard Cohen's "Alexandra leaving" is another sad song. I have everything Davis and Coltrane recorded, so I'm looking for recommendations for the most beautiful but depressing music you've ever heard. I want to hear a violin, my favorite instrument, that will bring tears to your eyes. I know this is a strange request but some of the best music comes from dark places. Thanks
cal91
Tchaikovsky 3 quatuors are sad and moving music....Very beautiful ....Try Borodine quartet....
Post removed 
Colour My World - Chicago 1970
That song would take the funk out of any blue lights in the basement party and for some reason it was so slow it was actually hard to slow dance too!

Wildflower - Skylark 1972
A sad but beautiful song.

(Olivia) Lost and turned out - The Whispers 1978
The title means exactly what you think it does. It was about a pimp prostituting a young girl.

(Olivia the slave)
Got distracted on her way
To grandmother’s house
A wolf in nice clothin’ came
Blew her mind and changed her ways
And now she turned out - Lost and turned out
Lost and turned out - She’s spendin’ most of her time
Walkin’ the streets
She has a certain quota to fill
He wants to buy a new Seville...

Sad indeed...

I think everybody likes a good tear jerker song now and then.

"Mad World"; Gary Jules feat. Michael Andrews

"By Myself"; Linkin Park

"Porcelain"; Moby

"Madman Across the Water"; Elton John

"Say Something"; A Great Big World

"Save Yourself"; Stabbing Westward

Sadness & depression walk together in unseen chains...