Tekton Electron SE

I had a pair of Tekton Double Impacts that I sold when I moved to a smaller home. After a year of evaluating various smaller speakers I decided to go back to Tekton but with the more compact Electron SE. In my room these speakers work perfectly. The bass on these smaller speakers is unbelievably deep and tight. I miss none of the punch from the bigger Double Impacts. On mine's I used a single Beryllium tweeter on the middle of the array. The tops on these are very extended and crisp clear more so than the DBs. The imaging and sweet-spot is electrostatic-like with excellent ability to present the faintest details in a recording. In my appreciation other than the ability to convey a "bigger" bass the Electrons have a more refined sound and the bass in my room is more than sufficient with a tighter presntation than that of the DB's. Feel free to send questions if you have any.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwisty
Speakers are inanimate objects.  It’s people that are the source of both love and hate. 
"Oh, I’m sure there’s ones spent ten times 20 or 30k who are even more butt hurt."

I suspect that people who buy $30 000 speakers do not look in the rearview mirror that often. Who would buy $3000 speakers, if she/he could afford a $30 000 pair? Are $30 000 speakers usually crappy?

It may hurt to know that someone buys a $30 000 pair and does not feel butt hurt regardless of how cheap others have it. One only has to decide. A dinner at a really nice restaurant for a few friends, good wine included, or a pair of speakers?

Why insult people with more successful careers than one's own?
RE: ...$30K...

You'll find this with just about everything.  Dude with expensive, sometimes hideously expensive item questions the validity/effectiveness/worthiness of the cheaper but well made purpose built item.  It can't possibly be in the same league, somehow isn't suitable for it's purpose because it isn't "engineered" to the same standards as the more expensive item. Sometimes that last bit has more to do with over engineering and attention paid to things not conducive to the actual performance of the item. 

I'm not against very expensive items. If I could swing it, as in not worry about $30K expenditures, I'd probably be looking in that range for my audio gear fix, but I'd also be very quick to get the cheaper item if it performed better for the money.  All things being equal or slightly in favor of the more expensive item, I'd be looking at other attributes not related to sonics for my consideration.  That's just me, and I won't say that all who spend a lot on speakers hate on the more budget gear and I'm also not of the opinion that the Moab is somehow better than the majority of $30K speakers, nor do I think that because a speaker costs $30K it must be good, but I do think it had better be :).

Given the broad range of products and possible combinations, and ears, don't forget the ears, it's hard to say what's really better amongst items at a particular performance level.  I will say that after a lifetime of being exposed to live music, playing music, being in a choir, listening to various rigs at friends, family, stores, and at home over the past forty something years I think the Moab gets everything right to my ears and more than one should reasonably expect for $4500.  To my ears, it becomes a question of how much more of it do I want, who makes it, and how much does it cost?  So I think the Moab simply hangs in the playground of speakers that at the very least don't do much if anything wrong.

I enjoy engineering, I like seeing the different ways one approaches and solves a given technical problem.  But if looks aren't the issue then it boils down to which design delivers the best result for the money.  Sometimes you just don't have to spend too much to get there.

I am a completely disinterested, or maybe better described as a impartial party to Tekton products. I think that Tekton maybe receives just a little more criticism than other speaker brands. One guess why is perhaps this started a while ago when Eric was angered by some critical of the technology behind his product and rightly or wrongly threatened to sue the antagonizers on Audiogon.

Another guess is that there is a small number of Tekton owners who call anyone who has anything critical to say about their speakers as "haters". This points to a level of immaturity that for some of us creates an impression where we consider any of their other opinions, anywhere, with a grain of salt.

For many of us, for various reasons, any huge speaker of any brand will need to be used in a dedicated audio room or basement set up. Having monoliths in our family room just does not work, if you need to ask why don’t bother you would not understand.

I do not have expensive speakers. But if I purchased anything for $30k, and saw equal performance for $4K, that would not bother me at all if I liked the look of my purchase better and it gave me pride of ownership. As was mentioned before, if you are purchasing luxury goods your not sweating the small stuff. Some people find making large amounts of money easy and fun and spending it is the same. Anyone thinking that the purchaser of the luxury goods is "butt hurt" and jealous of the "working stiff" is clearly not able to see that these terms would better describe their own feelings.
Post removed