Pioneers in the history of higher end/accurate sounding components....and you..

Not a contest, just what good people that made good sounding "gear" helped you on your journey?

Mine would be Henry Kloss, Tom Holman, Saul Marantz, and some very, very good people representing those and other companies.  In going to the early CES shows in Chicago, and events in NYC and other cities, some of my best education, experiences and "times" were with some of the "other" people that worked for those companies that were not the big names.  When the store I worked at was a major Advent speaker dealer I/we spent time at the Drake Hotel in Chicago with some simply great, helpful and wise people from Advent. 

whatjd
Post removed 
I have never lived such a charmed life as MC.  No one has ever pulled strings allowing me access into the Talon room nor has Michael Fremer ever "called me" for a "nice long talk" (note MC didn't call Fremer nor was is it a brief talk...ha...whatever) to help me through a component buying decision.  So much for the OP's opening words "Not a contest...".  
Pieces and bits in all that i read from giants audio mouths in audio magazine and sometimes in forums help me understand basic...

But some totally unknown people inspire me on par with them, about unknown or less known facts and with "speakable and unspeakable" experiments and experience...

If engineering masters are many in the industry, nevertheless i was helped the most by few imaginative ordinary but unorthodox people.....

All my embeddings ideas comes not from audio masters but were inspired by mostly unknown or not well known customers and audiophiles....

Masters mainly create their piece of electronic engineering design audio gear, but what will you do with them AFTER buying?

This was for me the fundamental question, what will i do with what i bought? Listen to it when the gear is connected out of the box and stay still? If it is dissatisfaction or boredom after this listening experience, upgrading toward another new product coming from a great master?

Some unknown people speak an another language than throwing money in upgrading chase.... I listen to them and begins my own journey with my own ignorance able to be creative without the burden of too much heavy and straight knowledge to imped it....

Ok if you want a master name : Floyd E.Toole, he was not a master electronic desiger but a great acoustician, and most ignore or underscore the importance of acoustic , they turn their head instead to upgrading costly electronic components....

The acoustical embedding control is very important like the other 2 but it speak more spectacularly than the mechanical or the electrical embedding to the ears...

:) 😊🤐😎
A very firm yes to Mr. Vandersteen.  In the last 20+ years perhaps the biggest speaker influence to introducing people to "real" fidelity.  The 1, 1B, 1C. 1Ci....and the bigger models, but the one series must be the modern day "welcome to high fidelity" that the original Advent was for many of a slightly older generation.  Mr. Kloss and Mr. Vandersteen were/are as an album was once titled, "Twin Sons of Different Mothers".