Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Hey, am I the only one to keep the Def4 thread alive? A note to Phil esp., I've just got back the Uk based Expert Stylus And Cartidge Company (ESCCo) modded Zu 103 cart with unique Paratrace stylus and White Sapphire cantilever.
Rest assured Phil, imho ALL the positives of the stock Zu 103 are retained, with some distinct improvements - a much more lithe bass, but esp. a taming of the stridency in the treble that it was always a little close to on many discs.
In a lot of ways the improvements parallel the Def2 to 4 upgrade, ie the DNA of the Zu 103 is all present esp. supreme tonality and involvement, with a slightly less 'hot' balance, and a smoother, more extended, somewhat more transparent overall sound.
If you have a spare Zu 103, give ESCCo a spin, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
Btw, will follow your cap comparison on the Druid V thread. Can you confirm that since the Druid V and Def 4s use the same Radian 850, any preference on the Druid V will be replicated on the Def 4s?
Has anyone heard the Def4, or Druid5/Subs compared to the Sanders Sound Systems 10C? Very curious as I have the Sanders, but am contemplating a simpler system.
I ordered Def Mk2's in May 2011........after six long months of delays caused by "new upgrades", one of the first production pairs of Def Mk3's arrived at my doorstep in Nov. 2011. My Mk3's have been used exclusively with Cary 2a3 SE monoblocks, a Cary SLP 50B preamp, a BAT VK-D5SE CD player, and well matched cables throughout.

Having lived with Def 3's for well over a year now, I can say that they are the most satisfying speakers I have owned in my 40 plus years in the audio hobby. Like most music lovers who have been around for awhile, many speakers, including, but not limited to, Klipschorns, Spendors, Magnepans, Shahinian's, Soliloquy's, Vandersteens, and most recently Azzolina Audio Grande Sfera's have spent significant time in my home. Though the Def 3's rarely fool me into thinking live music is being performed in my dedicated listening room they way the Grande Sfera's (read Lowther) did, and though the efficiency of the cornerhorns along with their effortless bass production with Altec 515B woofers is not matched, and though they cannot image nor provide the enormous sound stage of the Grande Sfera's, and though the sparkly grey finish doesn't meet the wife acceptance factor the way the small LS3/5A's finished in specially ordered teak did, they consistently please me more often on a wide range of musical styles than all the previously named speakers I have owned.

The Def 3's do all of the important things really well, even if they don't take top prize in any one performance category. They are so good overall that I have no choice but to award them with the best of show trophy in my small audio world! And award goes to Sean for stellar communication throughout the ordering and build process, and for providing tremendous personal sevice and support following delivery!
2a3nut, I was wondering, given all that has been said about the Def 4s, if they will ever fit into your music equation?