Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Phil, I'm going to try and audition the Audion Black Shadows in the New Year. Will partner it with an Audion pre. I notice there is a choice of premier and 2/4 box Quattros. Other than the phono stage in the 2/4 box, is there any major difference in the line stage section of these three units?
So, 10 weeks in, and the 4s continue to impress. What I'm most happy about at the moment is ironically what was always most lacking in the 2s, and what wasn't totally convincing on first listen, and that's the treble. The whole presentation now has an amazing sparkle but with none of the emphasised treble tilt so present in multi driver/xovered type speakers. There's no doubt the FRDs are still controlling the majority of output, but the Radian 850 unit is really proving it's worth without ever drawing undue attention to itself (no diamond, Beryllium or ceramic drivers for me, thank you!).
The result is a comfortable relaxed sound that really shines into the higher (and lower) frequencies, but only when needed, maintaining a really holistic presentation all the time, but then exploding in an instant where real headroom and dynamics are needed.
I'm really perplexed with anti Zu sound comments over the years, and now I believe this spkr with the Druid Vs really deserve to be heard and I'm sure appreciated by a greater number of potential buyers. I really believe Wilson, Magico B&W, YG etc. would lose sales if the new breed of Zus were wider listened to.
Further to treble comments, I'm still going to investigate the cap upgrade to Duelund CAST Cu, and I really am finding my Hovland amplification is synergising nicely, obviating a real need to go SET or OTL (although I will still investigate these options). For me, system wide improvements I feel are still the best way to go esp power and supports/vibration control. The 4s are so transparent that for the first time in my system changing racks are having profound outcomes.
Last week I ordered my 4s, and asked Christian to put a 800-1000 hours on them for me. My little pooches will freak the f*** out and have ear damage while I am at work. Breaking in my 1.5s was a long laborious very hi dbl process, but no dog. Can’t/won’t do it again. NO patience waiting. I need instant (close to it) gratification. How many hours do you have on your babies, including the Zu hours?
Break in is a very interesting phenomenon. My Def2s broke in fully within 48hrs, and this was direct from the US to London in sub zero temps!
My 4s otoh, delivered in the late Autumn, first spending 8 weeks with Roy Gregory who used them for his Audio Beat review, and yet they have been sounding more relaxed and powerful literally everyday since I've had them since late Oct.
Now, I have been experimenting a lot with setup, so who knows whether this is burning in or just that they are ruthlessly revealing, transparent and neutral and really benefit from really careful approach to set up.
All I can say is do NOT expect them to sound of their best immediately, and ask your wife to send out a search party periodically as you fail to resurface from your Zu project!
48 hours?? Sub zero and they sounded good? What were you smoking?...lol....What was the shipping cost on that? Do you have those 850s crossing over behind you? From what Phil says, this seems to be the way to go, since the dispersion is better than previous Defs. Do you love the bottom end? I mean when you’re cranking that mother to some serious earth shaking fender bass rock. You can give me the 4 string jazz bass too. Enough questions for ya? Oops there's another!!