Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Last week I ordered my 4s, and asked Christian to put a 800-1000 hours on them for me. My little pooches will freak the f*** out and have ear damage while I am at work. Breaking in my 1.5s was a long laborious very hi dbl process, but no dog. Can’t/won’t do it again. NO patience waiting. I need instant (close to it) gratification. How many hours do you have on your babies, including the Zu hours?
Break in is a very interesting phenomenon. My Def2s broke in fully within 48hrs, and this was direct from the US to London in sub zero temps!
My 4s otoh, delivered in the late Autumn, first spending 8 weeks with Roy Gregory who used them for his Audio Beat review, and yet they have been sounding more relaxed and powerful literally everyday since I've had them since late Oct.
Now, I have been experimenting a lot with setup, so who knows whether this is burning in or just that they are ruthlessly revealing, transparent and neutral and really benefit from really careful approach to set up.
All I can say is do NOT expect them to sound of their best immediately, and ask your wife to send out a search party periodically as you fail to resurface from your Zu project!
48 hours?? Sub zero and they sounded good? What were you smoking?...lol....What was the shipping cost on that? Do you have those 850s crossing over behind you? From what Phil says, this seems to be the way to go, since the dispersion is better than previous Defs. Do you love the bottom end? I mean when you’re cranking that mother to some serious earth shaking fender bass rock. You can give me the 4 string jazz bass too. Enough questions for ya? Oops there's another!!
I get my kicks purely thru music, waccy baccy not so much. Shipping cost maybe around $700, but this is across the Atlantic.
Initially I had the tweeters crossing too far in front of me, but with Phil's advice reduced the toe in so they cross just behind - I sit 12' back from them, and just see the inner walls of the cabinets.
The only bottom end I prefer to the 4s is Beyonce's LOL, oh and my GFs'! But seriously, the 4s bass is SERIOUS. Hard to believe the single 12" driver so outclasses the 4 x 10"ers of the 4s, but it's almost embarrassing. The trick is to make sure the bass tilt doesn't crossover much higher than the natural roll offf of the FRDs into the sub bass, in most rooms this'll be 35-40Hz.
The rock solid Al plinth fixing of the sub driver, and superb performance of the FRDs into bass territory really elevates the performance over previous models.
The bass can really be cranked up, but what is really impressive is bass articulation at lower levels which enhances presence of the whole presentation.