The problem with Magicos

Magicos are very expensive, solidly built and heavy however there is one problem which the speaker engineers didnt think of when it came to designing the speakers. The woofers in a Magico generate sound from both the front and the back. The problem is that the sound from the back is obviously contained inside that big solid enclosure and after it has reflected around the box, it becomes NOISE. So now you have generated NOISE inside the box which has to be dealt with. The only way to get rid of that nasty noise is to cut a hole using a drill into the back of the cabinet. The hole will need to be big enough to vent the noise. The noise will then need to be vented somewhere far away from the listening environment as you dont want to be hearing that while the music is playing. 

The reason Magico speakers are not universally liked is because they are NOISY. They have a lot of distortion coming out of them because all that box noise comes straight out the front of the midwoofers along with the music unbeknown to the listener. Some listeners will not tolerate this while others may not even realize its there because their ears aren't very good. Hence Magicos, have their fair share of detractors.

All the best and do not be cheated.
Kenjit
kenjit
Kenjit...you have avoided answering this question for several months now...what speakers do you own and listen to? Post pictures please.
The strangest thing is that Kenjit isn't a highly paid and renowned audio consultant, seeing how he has these deep technological insights that have yet to be discovered by any of the world's top speaker designers. It's a shame to see such wisdom being cast as pearls before swine on this forum.

And why the fixation on critiquing box speakers? Has he ever demonstrated an awareness of alternatives to the box speaker? I'm not familiar enough to know, but what's with this fetish of harping on the faults of box speakers? Why not move on and try some alternatives? You may find there are so many other engineering compromises for you to pick at, and pick at, and pick at... Expand the horizons, and stop wasting your talents, man.
My speakers don’t have a box. Therefore, using Kenjit’s logic, they have no noise, or noise is distributed evenly such that the “noise” isn’t perceptible to the listener.

Notice that Kenjit did not offer a dimension for the hole in the box. That takes a lot of engineering knowledge to calculate that.

MC: how many holes have you drilled 😂

🇦🇺
I have heard multiple Magico speakers on high quality systems in proper listening rooms with a variety of music. I also own a pair of Magico A3s. I have a variety of amps. Primaluna, First Watt, Benchmark and high quality DACs all running off PS Audio power regeneration coming off a dedicated 20amp line from the breaker box with a Shunyata wall outlet. All cabling is high quality Shunyata AQ and Cardas. I have never heard any noise come out of those A3s. Backgrounds are black. SQ is great with high detail. I haven’t heard noise in my system and I haven’t heard noise in my dealers listing room where I auditioned a few upper end Magico towers connected to D’Agostino amps and Chord DACs with Roon. I cannot corroborate any of your claims of noise.  
Kenjit,if you're such an expert on speakers maybe you should start your own speaker company and build the best speaker in the world why don't you try that. And if you solved all the problems on there that good you might get a lot of people buying them. But somehow I don't think you'll do that LOL.