Tekton Electron SE

I had a pair of Tekton Double Impacts that I sold when I moved to a smaller home. After a year of evaluating various smaller speakers I decided to go back to Tekton but with the more compact Electron SE. In my room these speakers work perfectly. The bass on these smaller speakers is unbelievably deep and tight. I miss none of the punch from the bigger Double Impacts. On mine's I used a single Beryllium tweeter on the middle of the array. The tops on these are very extended and crisp clear more so than the DBs. The imaging and sweet-spot is electrostatic-like with excellent ability to present the faintest details in a recording. In my appreciation other than the ability to convey a "bigger" bass the Electrons have a more refined sound and the bass in my room is more than sufficient with a tighter presntation than that of the DB's. Feel free to send questions if you have any.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwisty
Has anyone owned both ZU and Tekton? I have had my Omen refs for going on 8 years and I simply love them. Just curious if both brands share similar sound characteristics
I’ve heard both Zu multiple times and Tekton at shows.  The answer is no.  Night and day differences. 
@charleshoopI run my Perfect Set 2-10 with an Outlaw rr2160. I plan to run Schiit vidar in monoblocks in the future. Just getting started! :)
@dlongj75,

Glad to hear the Perfect Set 2-10 with the Outlaw RR2160 is working for you! I remember your thread and it had a lot of positive feedback!

I am taken aback however that every time a Tekton thread is started it seems the same few chime in with something negative? I just don’t get it? As in ’get’ a life. If every time they get a notification of an Agon thread they have to chime in? What a miserable life you have of being a Tekton troll? You think?

@dlongj75, after much research I’m going to get the recently upgraded Outlaw RR2160 MKII Stereo Receiver that actually masquerades as an (underrated and underpriced) integrated amplifier with multiple tuners and connections for a x-mass present to myself. I’ll report back after about 30 days of break/burn in.

And I too am damn interested in the Tekton Electron SE later on in the upgrade process.

Post removed 
@scott_w

I don’t think any two product lines could be much more different. One look will tell you that. No mistaking one for the other.

I’ve heard various Zu mostly pricey Essence in both larger and smaller rooms. I’ve heard only Tekton Double Impact in similar size small room.

I like Zu aesthetics and always want to like them but have yet to have them draw me in. I think the amps used every time at a show has been underpowered though. At both Zu and Tekton demos at shows they seem to want to highlight the ability to run off flea powered tube amps which are probably underpowered for best results with either.

Zu demos I have heard all seem to lack dynamics. Nice for some music but bland for others like classic rock.

The Double Impact actually performed admirably at that one demo. It was sound I might be able to live with. But not the giant boxes in that small room.

Now if the Tekton sound came out of the Zus, then I would really take notice.