Who remembers the Dahlquist DQ-10's?

My first pair of "high-end" speakers.  Power hungry critters but what I would give for an updated pair.  I powered these with a Peavey CS-400 and a Maccomack Deluxe Line drive passive preamp!!  Those were the days!  Young and dumb I suppose?
128x128kenny928
It’s been more than 40 years but I remember it like I just walked out of the shop.  It was a small shop called Stereo Mart in Garden Grove, California.  The place was crammed with high-end stereo gear.  The salesman must have taken a liking to us (remembering through the fog, it was more likely, as the store was empty, he had nothing else to do). The man appeased us by spending a couple hours comparing all the speakers.  A switching system wired into what I believe was a phase linear, powered all the speakers.  The one exception were these unusual looking, new to my eyes, Dahlquist DQ-10’s (I was unfamiliar with Quads as of yet)powered off of the switching system by a Crown DC-300. (perhaps an unfair advantage)  One by one, Saras, JBL, Tannoy, infinity, Acoustic Designs, all fell by the wayside to the DQ’s.  It was as if any other speaker was in another room.  The clarity when listening to orchestral works, was what I heard when I listened to the orchestra from my seat as a trumpet player.  Over the next couple of years a few similar scenarios were repeated.  One was at a large audio store called The Federated Group, I swear they had everything.  At this store were the venerated Infinity Servo-Statics at $40,000.00 a set.  At $800.00 the pair the DQ’s again won the day.  Because of my then meager means, I could not get them.  To this day I look out for a lucky find.  Sorry to be so long but I never really got to express the excitement I felt when I had this experience.
I have DQ-10s (early model without fuse in back) and DQ-20s. Currently running the DQ-20s with the Apt pre-amp and amp mentioned above. I have two amps as mono-blocks, so 200 Wpc. But sound OK with one amp running both speakers (100 Wpc). I also have a Kinergetics KBA-75 which is fine with both DQs also, but that is 60 pounds of class A all the time
My first pair of  high end speakers was the Fried Beta speakers with the matching subwoofer but all that changed when I heard the original Alon l speakers. Real soundstage with articulate bass and it beat the ML Aries I had at the time. 
Just to share, I worked in the Audio industry at one time and was at the CES when the DQ-10 was introduced.  Two of my best friends still use them.  

No hyperbole, just my experience...I have owned the Maggie 1.6, 3.6 and 20, and various higher end Martin Logan, Vandersteen and some others.  All that said, I remember the DQ-10 as one of my all time favorites.  Their ability to image was part of my audiophile "awakening". 

Had them when they came out.  Fried them...more like smoked them!  Our Bozak B313’s were always the more dynamic and natural sounding speakers throughout the decades.  Their bones still lay in the old family basement, awaiting a resurrection.