Power strips- too many choices

Out of necessity I need to use a power distributer/ strip.  I am impressed with how many options there are and how varied the reviews of the strips are; even some discussing degradation of the sound.   It seems surge protection would be valuable but cant figure out the other features.  Trying to decide between, Isotek vs Gigawatt vs PS audio.
Don't want to spend too much as there are other cabling needs pending. Further complicating the purchase; I have 7 cords and  at least per the Isotek website it seems that its best to use only one outlet lest resulting in "noise" from the outlier.  ( but isn't the idea of the strip to clean up that "noise") Any suggestions would be appreciated.
mpomerantz
What about a Shunyata Defender 8 or 12?  I believe Music Direct is selling the 8 with an excellent Shunyata power cord for around a grand.  It is more than a power strip, it has the Defender circuitry built in as well. 
Check out used Shunyata 4 or 6.

Still using mine daisy-chained to an 8 & V-Ray
You can plug into more than one outlet as long as they’re on the same circuit. You’re smart to cheap out on a power strip and save for where it matters more, power cords, interconnects, speaker cables. Later on of course you will upgrade to a proper power conditioner. For now while things are changing its smarter to focus on wire.

Power strips are nothing more than a box connecting outlets. Surge protectors are a joke. What do they think is going to happen anyway? Lightning blows the top off your house, burns walls, but no worries a surge protector will stop it cold. Reality is surges small enough to protect against don’t really need protection against. Surges big enough to matter cannot be protected against. Every once in a great while someone with actual experience says so, only to be drowned out by the zombie horde.

Its like that with most things actually, now that I think about it.

You could for about ten bucks buy three or four outlets, a 4 gang box, and a cover and have your own power strip, same as a 4 gang outlet box only without cutting sheetrock. Or buy a power strip for not much more. Same difference. Either way it’ll be jettisoned in a year when you upgrade to something worth spending time and money on,.
Tripplite PS 615 HG
mc is sooooo specialHe's never lost a hard drive or nuttin' elseTherefore surge protectors CAN'T be any good.
Ooh wee.
Just avoid sacrificial ones for sensitive stuff.
Post removed