Does Power Cord Require Burn-In To Sound Good?

I recently bought a new power cord but there isn’t much difference in sound quality between this new cord and the previous Wireworld Elektra 7 which it replaces. The cords are used on the DAC.

Any ideas if the cord needs to burn in to open up and sound better? It currently has about 5 hours on it and I think I prefer the sound quality of the previous cord which costs 10 times cheaper.

Any thoughts appreciated.
ryder
 Res Ipsa Loquitur is both a latin truism and a legal term describing certain accepted situations where negligence is implied without further proof. If the situation qualifies, it is a persuasive tool in proving a case.

On the other hand, the generic use of the term is less useful in mounting a persuasive argument. Res Ipsa Loquitur in a non-legal context is best thought of as the historic precursor to the modern day truism "it is what it is," the use of which is often accompanied by a smug smile or mike drop (after all, who can argue with that?)

While a latin phrase is perceived to add gravitas to an argument, the use of the phrase adds nothing substantive to the argument. It certainly doesn't end it.

Perhaps the parties should just "agree to disagree"...........
 Res Ipsa Loquitur is both a latin truism and a legal term describing certain accepted situations where negligence is implied without further proof. If the situation qualifies, it is a persuasive tool in proving a case.

On the other hand, the generic use of the term is less useful in mounting a persuasive argument. Res Ipsa Loquitur in a non-legal context is best thought of as the historic precursor to the modern day truism "it is what it is," the use of which is often accompanied by a smug smile or mike drop (after all, who can argue with that?)

While a latin phrase is perceived to add gravitas to an argument, the use of the phrase adds nothing substantive to the argument. It certainly doesn't end it.

Perhaps the parties should just "agree to disagree"...........
Again I ask: why do anti-audiophiles post on an audiophile site?
Because the definition of an "audiophile" is subjective.  Often, an audiophile is one who says: "...and if I spend that much money I KNOW it will sound better!"

“It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled.” -Mark Twain

Post removed 
Post removed