Sorry, it’s not me, it’s you?

I’ve tried everything, but it didn’t work out.  My speakers suck.  Different cables, different music, different placement, it didn’t matter what I did.  When I replaced them with some old standbys(after burning in the new speakers for over 60 hours), the magic came back.

i just bought the speakers 2 weeks ago at the Black Friday sale, and I finally realized it was a big mistake.  So today I took them back, and frankly, I feel relieved.  
Has anyone else had this experience with speakers or components?  Maybe even after a couple of years?
213runnin
I hope the Kefs work out for you. System and room synergy are very important in the purchase decision and should not be overlooked. The speakers have to work in YOUR room and with YOUR electronics. There is no perfect speaker, not even Tekton :), that will integrate universally. Happy listening!
Does anyone want to guess what exactly these speakers were?

I try first 

Martin logan
I think we've all "been there, done that"  at one time or another. I recently purchased some speakers for a 2 channel setup in my bedroom. I was seeking "near audiophile"  grade Polks because I did not want to make the financial commitment of the real thing.  Well, my "audiophile" ears quickly told me that was a mistake so...since I was beyond the return period I sold them off quickly. 
Yah, some people just can’t be critical to yourself. One day they published links with the pictures how their system components changed within last 16 years and now they tell us that they never made a mistake or not satisfied with their choice... lol