Excellent Power Supply Solution

In case you haven’t noticed, it’s very hard to find a good, affordable DC power supply from a U.S. dealer. I wanted a 12 volt 3.5 amp model for a Netgear router.  The quality linear power supplies are considerably more expensive than the router. But, then I stumbled upon an interesting product from Waveform Lighting. They offer a $49 DC power supply for strip lighting purposes. The 12 volt model can handle up to 10 amps and 100 watts. I do not know the technical details on how it works, but the description states “very low ripple and noise.” It also has overload voltage protection. The DC cable is 16 AWG wire.  A nice feature is that you can attach an audio grade power cable with a C7 connector. I used a Shunyata Venom cord. 

The unit did add a noticeable increase in sound quality. A little more clarity, more lifelike vocals and less harshness  in the upper treble. If you have a 12 volt modem, router or switch, give the Waveform Lighting DC power supply a listen. Here is the link: https://store.waveformlighting.com/collections/power-supplies-and-dimmers/products/filmgrade-12v-24v...
boakey39
You might have just fixed a problem a lot of folks (I'm included) are having with PS that came with our cable box. ALL of them have a voltage issue.

Everyone ads noise, it actually has to be on it's own dirty circuit. Above 115, just noisy as could be.  110-115.  You can only add a ground with a ground loop, eliminator. I've swapped PS twice, and with the neighbors...

I might give it a try, mine is quiet now though. That Ground Loop thing.. works, but I always wonder. Cable boxes and lightning strikes. Actually had ground strikes 5-6 weeks ago. NEVER before... You think we were in the Sierras, or something..

Regards
The ifi wall warts are in about the same price range, and extremely well reviewed for both measured and audible performance.  They replaced my Astron. They don't have nearly 10A of output though. :)

https://amzn.to/3n4W0xs

Best,

Erik