dcs owners--

Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket digital cables(bnc) for the word clocks ,and the 1394 fire wire for the dsd upsampling?

also ,what seem to be the more compatiable and effective power cords on the dcs stack?

i'm using siltch cords ,and looking for an improvment.
thanks in advance for any advise.
Ag insider logo xs@2xozy
I tried the Polish DSD firewire cable and found it a significant improvement over the stock DSD cable. Using the DSD connection between the Purcell and Elgar was a major improvement over two balanced AES cables between the two, and I have used Purist Dominus, Kharma Enigma and NBS Monitor 0 in those spots. Especially with the $179 Polish cable, DSD firewire won hands down.
mgottlieb---

great input! have you tried any other digital cable w/bnc for the vernoa wordclocking?
how about power cords for the dcs gear?
Ozy - If I may speak for my friend once again, he used the Shunyata Anaconda power cords on all his digital gear, and recently changed to all Nordost Valhalla power cords with great resoults.
elberoth2-- you are the second or third who said the n/v cords are greaton the dcs gear..... i guess i'll have to try them , eventhough i'm not a valhala(i/c&s/c) fan...
Ozy - I know what you mean. n/v cables are not my cup of tee either. I found them to thin and anylitycal sounding on almost every equipment except maybe the warmest and most syroupy sounding.

But, to be honest, IMO the n/v power cords are the most transparent cables from the whole valhalla family, i.e. have the least of "Nordost effect".

Worth a try if they are in your price range.