Is Modern Jazz an Oxymoron?

I am a huge jazz fan and 90% of my listening time is listening to instrumental jazz artists from the classic jazz era of 1950's to 1970's. Excluding jazz singers and a few more recent jazz artist who play classic jazz style I can't stand modern jazz.

My question to jazz fans is if it is my limitation or is this a common thing amongst classic jazz fans? Or did you finally come around and learned to appreciate modern jazz? If so which artists?
128x1281extreme
Note that modern jazz...whatever it is...is relatively unpopular and always has been, and it's 95% of what I listen to. It rates just below children's music and maybe above polka. Luckily I have managed to find a LOT of "newer" stuff that is astonishing, from Vijay Iyer and Bill Frisell to Ingrid Laubrock and too many others to even try to mention. I refuse to listen to polka...I just do...

Here's music that I have on my playlist and in the car; it never gets old, maybe that's because it's the "undisputed" high priest of modern jazz; Charles "Yardbird" Parker, his "Bird With Strings" never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP7E0K4IMqo

Check out singer Gregory Porter's release All Rise! In the same class as Nat King and Freddie Cole! A superb vocalist!
‘we shall be overwhelmed with things that are tenth-rate’.

Prophecy of the great Classical Conductor Hebert von Karajan

I think we be there.

Cheers