Women who enjoy quality speakers

In my former marriage i was introduced to high end audio by my husband.

At the time the endless visits to highend shows , meetings and shops annoyed me. Tech talk and not very female friendly designs came and went in my living room.

And although i couldnt get used to all of the above, one thing i learned , how to listen.

Now years further , in my second marriage quality audio wasnt a very well know topic of my husband working in tech. Mediocre cheaper hifi dominated the house, which looked even worse and sounded even a lot worse.

When we talked about new speakers and bang and olufsen was mentioned i knew i had to educate him , to let him know whats on the market and how things can sound.

The revelation ended in buying avalon speakers and simular quality equipement and cables.

Now its up and running i really enjoy music again!

Who would have thought that!

I have never seen a lot of other women enthousiastic about quality sound and music. Are there any in this group? Do your wifes experience the same as i did?

Wishing you all a very musical festive season,

A very happy wife,

Jasmine

djasmine
Thank you all for your heartwarming responses♡

Such beautiful stories, memories, experiences and points of view.

You gave me tears in my eyes, and a smile on my face with your beautiful messages, thank you for sharing!

Sharing the love for music is about creating memories.

To share this with my husband makes our connection stronger.

And i see simularities with my husbands passion of collecting and driving classic cars.

He loves that i want to go with him to shows and auctions, to drive together on a sunny day, together with the children, or only us 2 when its one of his sports cars.

Those cars, although i dont know anything technical about them bring our family joy through making memories.

And there you have it.

Enjoyjng each others company through audio, classic cars, traveling, dining, great wine, sharing experiences together.

Thats what its all about.

Again, thanking you all for your beautiful stories , wishing you all a lovely festive season.

Jasmine
Post removed 
n80:   "She does not know how to work it even though it is no more complicated than firing up the space shuttle."

Now that made me laugh!!!  

To the OP and all the lady audiophiles, I think it's awesome and I'm sure most would very much welcome more women into the community. You sound like a great lady....you're welcome in my humble listening room anytime.

For the other evil woman out there.....stop putting Xmas decorations on top of our speakers....LOL. 
My wife and I are in a middle income tax bracket. Spending stupid money on my hi fi desires has always been a touchy subject. She likes the sound of quality stuff, just has way too level a head on her shoulders to spend beyond our means. Two years ago I was wanting a new pair of Legacys. The Signature SE’s were on my wish list, but the 6500 a pair was stretching my available funds. I called the dealer, which was in a neighboring state, and ask if his demo room has prices listed on the speakers. He replied yes. I asked if he would remove them for my wife and I’s demo session. He chuckled and said yes. After about a half hour of listening to the Signatures, I ask the dealer about the break in period and what differences to expect between what we were listening to and a well worn set. I mentioned the tweeters and how crisp they were. He said, " Let me fire up the Focus SE’s, as they have the same identical tweeter array and they have been played continuously while in the showroom. I knew the SE’s were over ten thousand dollars and absolutely out of my price range. In 30 seconds of listening, my wife pats me on the arm and says " THOSE...are the ones we want." I said (as I chuckled) " Babe, their a little out of our price range." She surprises the heck out of me and says "Our stock is doing really well right now"..I am just being floored that my wife is trying to talk ME into these speakers. Of course we bought them, and to this day she does not know what they cost.
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound? With you we finally have someone in the forest to answer the question!
I wish! My wife can’t tell the difference between music played on her cell phone speakers or“ my” vandersteen’s and this frustrates the hell out of me. Same with tv she does not know the difference between standard and hd and 4k video. I just set up a middle of the road streaming system in my 15 year old daughters room and she said it sounds “different” from what she has been use to and she is listening to more music now. So I do have hope for her but my wife is a lost cause.
Great for you to post this and prove that you do exist and there could actually be more of you!