Why is there no love for Prima Luna?

I have noticed fairly negative comments on Prima Luna in various discussions. Granted, I’ve never heard their gear but they seem to offer quite a value proposition. Point to point wiring, auto bias, protection circuits, easy tube rolling, good parts and build quality. I had considered looking into the Evo series integrated but the brand seems to be downplayed on this forum. Anyone have direct experience as to why?
cincyhound
Honestly, I think is where it's made. Out loud most Americans, smile, with their pocket books, and money spent in the west.. People are strange. I know I am. I try to spend in my town, local produce, everything I can.  I've heard a few of their units, yes they are very nice.. BUT not nice enough...

Regards
Good equipment....requires the right speakers to pair with it, like anything.  I have had great (Scansonic) and bad (B&W 805) experiences with PrimaLuna .  I think they market themselves as amps that border on bulletproof and can work with any speaker (within reason) and my experience is that is far from the truth.  They behave like any modestly priced tube amps which is amazing with speakers that have the right impedance curve and poorly with speakers that are a challenge to drive.  

That being said, I am 100% certain made-in-china is a ding against them.  Lot's of folks would rather support western brands.  Roll those two things together...you get a group of people that love them and a group that really doesn't.  
I read many good things about them when I was doing research about this for my system. I'm not sure what you're seeing, but one other way to gauge gear is how often it's put up for sale, used. Some gear is very hard to find used, while other stuff is always available. Part of that can be attributed to the overall volume sold, but in some cases, it reflects dissatisfaction which emerges down the road. In other words, another way to pose your question would be, "How do people explain why they give up PL, and what do they trade up for?"