Apogee Scintilla Power

I know this is an old topic but here in 2019 has anyone come across any “new” ideas for driving Scintilla 1 ohm’s?  Just looking for some options. The obvious ones i know/heard of are old Krell, H2O, Lamm (big money) and some pretty wild european amps? I currently have a pair of Sunfire 300’s (with Scintilla mod) that actually sound pretty good and it is amazing what Bob Carver achieved here but looking for the next step. Thanks for any ideas. No need telling me to sell my Scintilla’s.....:). I am all in and really do like the Apogee stuff. Maybe its nostalgic or the journey. Thanks very much. 
westerlm
Question
What is this "Scintilla Mod" that you mentioned that was done to your  Sunfire?
I have a Cinema Grand Signature and always wondered if it could drive some Scintillas. Not like I'd ever get that opportunity, but I digress..
As a matter of interest I have been compiling a list of amplifiers that will drive 1 ohm loads in particular the Apogee Scintilla. 

This is one speaker that I have always wanted to own but not easy as I am UK based, as they say owning a pair of Scintillas or Divas i9s an itch I would like to scratch!!

Apogee Scintilla - List of Krell Amplifiers that can drive them

Krell KSA50 (Just)

KSA100,

KMA100,

KMA200,

KRS-100

KRS-200

Krell KSA 80 (Just with protection setting adjustment)

KMA 160,

KSA200,

KMA 400

KSA150,

KSA250,

MDA 300,

MDS 500

Krell Audio Standard (KAS)

Possible KSA100s

Possible KSA200s

KSA300s

FPBs possibly

Evolution series a Possibly?

I am going to investigate the suitability of the following to drive a 1 ohm load

Krell FPB 750mcx and Krell Evolution 900

For my 700cx replacement, I may be considering

Krell KRS-200 too old? serviceable?
Krell KMA400 these run very hot so I question longevity and serviceability
Krell MDA500 again these run hot and question longevity and serviceability

I am most li8kely to consider the last two as they are the most recent and on performance grounds provided they can drive a 1 ohm load.

Krell FPB750mcx or Krell Evolution 900

I am most likely to consider the last two amplifiers mentioned above and below, as they are the most recent, and probably superior in audio performance.

Consideration will also be given to them provided they can drive the 1 ohm load of the Apogee Scintilla.

I have specified this parameter, just in case I decide to scratch the itch I have had since the late 1980s (teenage!!) to try out a pair of these loudspeakers in my main system.

Krell FPB750mcx or Krell Evolution 900

Simon

There were very few power amps that could drive into 1 ohm back in the day. They included the Adcom GFA-555, and Classe DR3 and DR3 VHC. the rare Belles 'A', the Krell KSA 80 and 100 and a couple more.  The original speaker review by Cordesman in Stereophile details the requirements.