Is this the solution to LP static issues?? Seems to be!

Last night i was listening to a superb original RCA white dog pressing of Lena Horne and Harry Belafonte ( if you can source this, i highly recommend it!) 
I noticed that all of my prior LP's were exhibiting considerable static attraction to my felt mat on my LP12. Not this one!!! How come, since the LP was played at the same time as the others, in the same system, the same room temperature etc.?? I noticed on the cover of the album the following large sticker: Miracle Surface, This record contains the revolutionary new antistatic ingredient, 317X, which helps keep the record dust free, helps prevent surface noise, helps insure faithful sound reproduction on Living Stereo.  

Whatever this additive is that was put on this album back in 1959 sure works well!! Anyone know what 317X is?? Why are we NOT using this stuff today??
128x128daveyf
Bill, interesting question, what was in the JVC super vinyl? I was always intrigued by the fact that you could hold one up to a light source and see through the vinyl. This is apparently similar now to what is utilized in the newer MoFi one step vinyls. All of this is certainly somewhat beneficial to the SQ, but a formulation in the vinyl to knock down static is certainly a great idea, IME... and no one seems to be using anything like this anymore.
Part of the problem is that felt mat. Notorious for causing static. I use leather instead. As far as this particular record, never heard or seen one. I'll have to research it. Thanks.
@audioguy85  While the felt mat probably does allow for more static build up, the issue was non-existent with the felt mat and the 317x treated RCA white dog. I happen to think that the original equipment felt mat is better sounding than any aftermarket mat I have tried on the LP12, including a leather mat. YMMV.