spend on the streamer or on the DAC ?

I a considering splashing north of 5000 (euro) for a new source for my rig (MOOON 340i, OPERA QUINTA speaker, McIntosh SACD, Node2). Better to spend more for the DAC or the streamer ? I was thinking about a Schitt yggrasil.Or would it make sense to spalsh on a more expensive DAC and use the Node2 as a streamer, or, for that matter, stream from my Macbook Pro. Regards.
olica
Looks like SGC has a Black Friday sale going for this combo. If anyone was considering going ROON this would be a nice streamer (especially with the power supply) but you gotta factor in the cost of ROON. Almost leaves enough room to .......take a Schiit.

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/black-friday-2020/products/premier-server-player-comb...
Note:The i5 will also run open source music servers if you didnt want to pony up for the ROON subscription.
You don’t need Roon to use SGC stuff.

Those power supplies are crap. I know. I had them. 
Hello,
I started with a Sonos connect. I then bought a good DAC. I also bought the W4S reclocker which helped the Sonos a lot. I wish S1 Sonos could do HiRez because I own several pieces.  I just bought a BlueSound Node 2i to get HiRez and replace the Sonos in my main system. If you do not have a HiRez player purchase a BlueSound product. If you do have a HiRez streamer, work to get the best DAC you can afford that matches your system. I believe now in today’s Audiophile world the DAC is the most important piece in your system if your main listening is digital. Plus it can save you a ton of money on cables due to you need a good interconnect from your DAC to preamp. After that you can use “good” cables that don’t cost a fortune. Like basic audio quest and still get incredibly results. Many cd/sacd/DVD players use the same Oppo transport/ disc drawer but what makes it sound so good is the internal/ external DAC. DACs have sound signatures so make sure you test,test,test. R2R does not sound like a chip. Also when you get a few more $k sell your existing DAC and upgrade to a better DAC like going up the Denifrips line because there is a big difference from Denifrips Ares to the Denefrips Terminator. Also, because they don’t last forever and they keep improving. 
So, my Node2 uses BurrBrown PCM5122 DAC. Would i be correct that an outboard dac needs to at least do 24/192 or am i missing something 
@bhvf
I have 3 systems in my house, main room (music+hometheater hybrid setup), music room (dedicated 2 channel music), bed room (dedicated 2 channel music).

Single Synology DS220j NAS (170 bucks)+ Seagate IronWolf NAS Drive 4TB (100 bucks) serves all music files to all 3 rooms. Also serves all my movie blu ray rips to entertainment room.

Main Room: NAS ---> Yamaha WXC-50 streamer transport ---> Musician Pegasus R2R DAC (1100 bucks)
Music Room: NAS ---> Yamaha WXC-50 streamer transport ---> Denafrips Venus R2R DAC (~3000 bucks USD)
Bedroom: NAS ---> Technics ST-C700D (Networkplayer/streamer+DAC)

- The Yamaha WXC-50 streamer transport is a tiny and EXCELLENT streamer transport with excellent/max features that retails for 350 bucks. It can often be purchased on sale for 200 bucks. For a transport only, diminishing returns max out on the Yamaha. Built in DAC on it is no good. Use it as a TRANSPORT ONLY (intended design).
- Musician Pegasus and Denafrips Venus (with slightly different flavors) are the peak of R2R DACs for 99.99% of golden ear bats out there. Diminishing Returns max out after this. Kiss goodbye to all the MSB and Vermeer snakeoil DACs that cost as much as your car. Had them/Sold them.
- The Technics ST-C700D network player/streamerhas a unusallly good DAC implementation, sounds very much like the R2R Dacs i listed. Hence, It nullified the need for a standalone DAC in my bedroom. I am completely jawdropped by the value offered through the trickledown tech in this unit from their reference gear.