New Dynaudio Heritage Special..?..!

Does anyone know anything about these speakers?
just launched last week.
only 2500 made. $7000 or so in US.
Looks like an old Contour, but has all the components of the Confidence.
sounds like the ultimate monitor.

I have Special 40s and now am envious..😉

anyone hear anything?

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/heritage/heritage-special

ianrmack
well, kenjit, I’m sure glad you don’t have budgeting responsibilities here...😉
that’s not quite how business works on earth. But, thanks for playing.

agree that $7k is a wee high and, in western civilization, we do not begrudge those who seek to make a fair profit. 
My sense is the marketing team didn’t want this speaker to take share from the Contour 20i ($5300 or so) so had to,price it above to offer a clear choice. Give it a few weeks and the two speakers will be compared. 

One site in UK compares the looks and sizes. We will see. I like the look and the components used from the evidence series. But I’ll wait and get a used pair in 2 years or so at maybe $4000....I can justify that, right...😂
I have to say when I this "Special Offer" I thought "Some idiots will
jump on this"
in western civilization, we do not begrudge those who seek to make a fair profit.
Which is exactly what the devious speaker companies take advantage of!
They must be laughing at people like you who think $7k is a fair profit
kenjit...BecuAse I’m feeling charitable, let me break down the economics...approximately.

$7,000 is customer msrp
$4,200 is ~ dealer cost.
$3,500 is distributor cost

there for $3500 GROSS profit to Dynaudio 

$1,000 in marketing and sales costs
$500 in G&A costs.
$500 in cost of goods

$1,500 in ~ net profit or 20% net margins.

doesn’t count R&D either. 

They better sound wonderful! From pure cosmetics perspective, they do not look special. Boring actually. Rectangular box, veneer matches in originality. Given their price I have a hunch they sound amazing though and that’s why Dynaudio felt it was the right number. Hey, whatever pushes the technology envelope. Eventually lower Dynaudio lines will benefit from trickle down tech so all Dynaudio owners can enjoy whatever secret sauce went into these. 
And I agree with others - don’t judge people who will buy them just because you can’t afford it or can’t justify the cost.Â