Tone arm holes do not line up - best way to attach TT?

I bought a new Reed tone arm (3p 12" Tonearm Ruthernium) and the holes do not line up on my Haas table. I'm new to vinyl ... can I attach it with double sided tape? I can use silicon which is strong and can be easily removed? Or, does this approach negate the dampening of table? I've  gone to great lengths to isolate with a rack, spikes and 3" thick maple slab that the TT rests on. What is the "normal" way when that happens? Thanks in advance. 
mcmanus
Oldhvy, The OP says he has achieved the proper pivot to spindle distance of 296mm.  If so, why do you say it's too long? However, one explanation for his problems is a misunderstanding of the meaning of "pivot to spindle" or a mis-measurement of the distance or an improper template (but the OP says he is using the correct template).  This is why I asked about the definition of "P2P".  The other possibility is that he has mistaken pivot to spindle distance for pivot to stylus tip distance. This would result in a mounting error of about 15mm (typically) in P2S and could account for the weird results.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case I'd say more like ten thousand.
@mcmanus,

Are you sure you have a 12" arm???  A quick verification it to measure from the tonearm pivot to the end of the headshell - it should be very close to 12".  The next available size from Reed Reed 3P - Reed tonearms is a 10.5" - this arm is about 2" difference.  One item to be careful is that there is a difference between Mounting distance (which is likely what the template shows) and the Pivot to spindle distance which I addressed above.
You can post all the pics you want. Just have to start a system page. Like this https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367

Oh come on guys, you knew it was only a matter of time ...