To Roon or not

For the past few years I have been using a LuminT2 w/ Qobuz and it's copacetic. 

Happy with the sound. Ok with the software. Not happy with having to pull up a browser to search for information about the artists or have similar music/artists be at the ready to explore. 

Back when Roon didn’t work with Qobuz. Now it does.

In my testing I think the native Lumin software sounds better (fuller, richer) that when using Roon. 

A few questions please. I’m looking for secret sauce settings.

Are there MQA setting(s) that I might be better off using? Currently set to “render only.”

Use the Roon DSP?

Sample Rate Conversion Settings?

I’m using an iPad that sees the Roon core on a computer else where in the house. If I can't tell any sound difference then an old computer can serve as the core. The iPad also runs my Amp/Lumin with split view and that's great. For some reason Roon will not work with split view?

128x128wsrrsw
I have Roon core on an Antipodes Core Server.  I much prefer using Roon to convert to DSD512.  I find it less bright and less harsh.  If anything DSD is smoother and softer.  I have gone thru all the upsampling and converstion settings and prefer DSD with 7th order CLANS for the Sigma Delta modulator and linear precise filter.  The headroom management is - 6 db.
I've been using Roon for a year now and simply love it.  Have it running on a Roon Nucleus.  Feed a Chord Qutest directly via USB in my main rig, and am using it with 4 different pieces of Bluesound kit in different rooms of the house.  Originally bought it for its integration capabilities.  But now value it most for the music discovery piece.  To Roon or not to Roon is simply no longer a question.  If you can afford it, the value add in my opinion is well worth it.
Yes Roon and Qobuz has me listening to more music, new music, than ever before in my life.  I love Roon! 
Post removed 
tvad

Just noticed that roon takes -6DB to run. Do you think this is the difference I'm hearing? I mean, duh, a bit louder would sound "better."

Do you think running Roon from an iPad (in turn running a computer) would degrade sound? My amp  needs an iapd/iphone to run it. 

Does my spouse need a new laptop for Xmas?