What should be my next speaker - the never ending question

I am not in a rush but I am starting to think about upgrading my current speakers.  I currently own my second pair of 3A MM gen II (not the Reference 3a de Capo).  What is wrong with those?  Well, that will sound stupid but, nothing is really wrong, I love them (and so does my spouse) but I am sure something better out there is waiting for me...  Very difficult to visit audio shops those days with the COVID, not to mention that I usually buy used stuff (I am cheap..., I know).

I normally visit annual audio shows in Montreal and I must admit not many speakers over the past few years impressed me or sounded better (IMHO) than my current set up.  A handful made me stop and listen for half an hour each time: Klipsch Heritage (La Scala and Klipschorn - oh boy, wait too large for my room), pro monitors from Focal (used for quadraphonic demonstration of Dark Side of the Moon) but curiously the Focal Kanta serie (high WAF!) made me say "bof...", and some planar speakers (forgot the name).

Not too sure which direction I should now take.  My budget: between $3K to $8K (used).  I am thinking of Reference 3a like De Capo I anniversary version or Grand Venaa, Possibly Maggies but low WAF for such large panels.  What else?

Additional info: room (terrible sounding) approx 15x17 (9' ceiling) with no real room treatment beside the furniture, type of music: everything but recently more focusing on solid rock (System of a Down), Classic Rock (Pink Floyd), female singing jazz (old recording of Ella, Melody Gardot), classical (chamber music) and Folks.  Only listening streaming from Tidal (highest quality).

System: ROCK on NUC for ROON, streamer Lumin D2 with SBooster, preamp Audio Alchemy DDP1+power supply (I use the DAC from the DDP1 for critical listening which is more detailed and in your face, and I use the Lumin DAC for easy listening which is smoother sounding and well balanced), main amp Bryston 2.5B3 (cubed), amp for subs Bryston 4BSST through a minidsp, speakers main 3aMM gen II (used full range), subs DIY Bass Modules for SBA-741 designed by Troels Gravesen.  Cables: a bunch of Cardas XLR (Golden Ref and others) and Prisma for speakers.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
explorateur
As one considering replacing speakers, a thumbs up to those posters who volunteered up Canadian manufacturers (and of the two mentioned, I've never heard of them).
Ascend acoustic Sierra towers with raal ribbons and dual Rythmick F12 subs. Match made in heaven for under $ 5,000. 
Vandersteen Treo or Treo CT are really nice and would be in your budget used.   Look at Zu if you like high effiency single driver designs.