Zu audio

I am interested in these speakers but a little skeptical of their claims on website

eg
10 inch driver has 11 versions of nano...

"Nanotech...
Nano-engineered...
Nano materials...
Nanosphere...
Nano- sanctified..."

Who is buying this nanononsense?

recluse
Zu Def 4 does scale effortlessly. With the right equipment upstream I have the Goldilocks sound I've always wanted. Honestly, the sound is anything but bright but then an all tube system goes a ways toward giving them the right signal. 
Will say though that clean power helps a lot. 
Don’t know about there claims of nano-tech but I have heard Zu speakers and find them very good.  It helps that I sell a line of amps that work really well with them but I have heard a few models and like them a lot better than some of the similarly priced competitors.  
Nano is just a term describing scale. A nanometer is one billionth of a meter. Structures on that scale are described as nanoscale. Nano particle coatings shouldn’t bother you any more than using a microfiber cloth to clean your speakers. It’s a nice label to refer to the proprietary dope they use to stiffen paper cones and tailor driver performance. Sometimes it’s marketing, but sometimes it can also be the correct technical term.

I tend to be resistant to marketing. Salesman give me hives. I’ve only bought 3 pairs of speakers in the last 30+ years so my experience is limited. (Infinity bookshelf, Dynaudio floorstander, Zu Omen DW) I’ve only had the Zu Omen DW for less than a year. I think they’re great - articulate and dynamic. It’s an effort to shut down and go to bed every night. Right now my dilemma is whether or not to take advantage of the 100% trade-in and upgrade before the year is up. I had intended to try a bunch of different types of speakers, but I like these so much I feel I owe it to myself to see how much better they get further up the line. 60 day demo and $1000/pr make the DW a pretty good hook for Zu.
Post removed