Is 1990's equipment vintage?

I think so, apparently some few are upset at this definition, and think 1990's electronics are merely "used" or "out of production."
erik_squires
fuzztone
How can a Tandberg R2R be classed as vintage? Except (in the unlikely circumstance) if it still functions.
Lotsa Tandberg decks are still working, especially 10X and TD20A. Those that can’t be repaired don’t usually get discarded, but are disassembled for parts.

My TD20A runs like a top, though it does require occasional service. Soundsmith is expert at these. The TD20A remains one of the best-sounding audiophile decks ever.
Consensus from an audiogon thread on a real-ish topic?  No.  Muddying the waters even further with needless tangents?  Sure.
I'm currently trying to restore a pair of ADS 1290/2 speakers, mid to late 80's vintage.  I consider them vintage.  Why? Well first of all they are old.  They afforded a very musical presentation.  They used parts, especially in the crossover, that are frankly awful by today's standards.  They got around the limitations common to that time by cleaver design--without the benefit of computers.  Artisans with golden ears.  For me that is the kind of stuff that segregates old junk from old treasures.  

I am old enough and been an audiophile long enough that there were items from every decade since the early 60's I really coveted but for what ever reason (usually money) didn't acquire.  I almost always think of those components as vintage gear and occasionally spend some money on them.   Sometimes it pays, but usually it doesn't.  NOS tubes would be an example of where technological advances can't always overcome lost art.  But for the most part, vintage gear can't compete apart from the coolness issue.  My 2020 Civic Si is by every measure a better car than a 1953 Corvette.   But I'd still love to have that 53 'vette parked in my garage. 
"But I’d still love to have that 53 ’vette parked in my garage."

A-Freaking-Men, @brownsfan. For me, it’s a ’68 Charger with the 426 Street Hemi engine, or a 1970 Ford Torino Cobra with the 429 Super Cobra Jet Drag Pack engine. THOSE, are vintage AND classic.