How do you feel about a wheeled dolly permanently under large floorstanding speakers?

I'm building a new room that will be home to the system I'm putting together. I looking at several floor standing speakers that aren't huge by audiophile standards, but too heavy to just grab and move easily, 60-80 lbs each. The room will be multi-use, so one option I'm considering is to move the speakers when required. They would stay in the best position for my solo listening chair, but when we have a group over and are using the game table or pool table, move them toward the wall and turn them for good sound to the overall room. It would also help me a great deal with the WAF for the room. I've been considering the wisdom of putting them on a solid MDF platform, the size of the speaker footprint, with 3 or 4 castors mounted beneath. Probably make a wood skirt to hide the wheels. Then I could roll them off the rug onto the vinyl floor and over to the wall or wherever makes the most sense. I will keep the movement relatively small so I can keep speaker cables only as long as necessary to reach the primary listening position. Do any of you have direct experience with a similar setup and its impact on sound quality?

capnr
Here is something no one has mentioned. Most high quality speakers require pretty precise positioning. Sometimes even a 1/4" can be the difference between good and great. Are you willing to settle knowing you won't replicate that perfect position every time? I know I'm not.

Oz
You could use herbbie's gliders that spike to the glider and are easy to move.

Thanks everyone. The listening area will have an area rug, but the rest of the floor is vinyl plank over concrete. Spikes are a non-starter, as they will go right through the vinyl. Okay if they never move, but no way I can walk the speakers on spikes, making holes all along the way.

When you suggest castors on the speakers, I assume you mean attached directly to the bottom of the speaker. I can do that and like the idea.

Thanks for the tip on Herbbies gliders. Never heard of them but might work. I'll look into it.
Rex
Douglas, to confirm.... you are suggesting I mount castors directly to the bottom of the speakers? I hadn't considered that but like the idea. Locking castors, easy to play with positioning and they won't move once locked. I wonder how thick the bottom of a typical speaker enclosure is... don't want to create a problem putting in screws.
What size threads are the spike inserts in your speakers?  If they are in the 1/4-5/16 range you should be able to find suitable casters that can bolt with locking  nuts directly to the installed inserts.  
You do not want a caster to break off in the moving process!

I had a pair of Green Mountain Diamanté’s that I fitted with casters in the manner I described.  I was satisfied with the results.